Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-04-2015, 01:51 PM   #1
REOTonner

Default Huckster Plans

Hello all, just joined. Saw some old posts about Huckster plans. I want to build a Huckster body. Does anyone know of plans that are out there?
Thanks very much!
REOTonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 02:16 PM   #2
Fred K-OR

Default Re: Huckster Plans

There are a few places you can look for plans, kits and complete bodies. Plans can be had at Wagon Works, 515-964-5085, kits at Pleasatville Mfg. Co, 5534 Centralia-Hartfield Rd, Dewittville, NY 14728, and complete bodies at Lentsville A's, 616-393-0363 or 616-396-2708 in Holland MI.

I went through the same process as you are going through a few years ago of trying to find a wooden body for my old 1929 CCPU. After looking at some plans I decided to just buy a complete body from Lentsville A's. This was in 2010 and so far I am quite satisfied with the body. Great workmanship with the wood and it looks great. I have won many awards at a number of car shows I have attended with it.

But we live in the Portland, OR area which is known for rain. Thus with a wooden body a person needs to take care of the red oak that the body is made of. Every year I put a coat of Armstrong floor stuff on it and so far it has worked out great in this area. So just a word to let you know depended on where you are from you may need to take care of a wooden body.

If you have questions about a huckster, send me a PM and I will see if I can help.

BTW welcome to the Ford Barn. A great place to get info.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The finish-1.jpg (92.6 KB, 47 views)
Fred K-OR is offline   Reply With Quote