Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Model-T

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #1

Default Picture of a T

<center></center>

Hi all!

Attended a show last week and found this beauty, I was too busy taking pictures to write down any details (or owners name, sorry), it is an original! (almost) has the remnants of the original paint,sports the orig. int. etc. (it did have a water pump and a couple other non stock items under the hood, but it looked great, right down to the cords showing on one of the tires! Lucky fellow!

Robert in Illinois

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #2

Default It would be a shame if anybody restored a car like that.

If I had that I would make sure it was mechanically perfect and leave it just as is. I love seeing those &quot;in the rough T's&quot; more than the highly restored ones. I guess I'm just weird. Nice picture.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #3

Default Re: It would be a shame if anybody restored a car like that.

<center></center>

Gary, if enjoying &quot;original&quot; old cars makes one &quot;weird&quot;, then you better move over, cause there's a whole lot of us ready to climb in!

Robert.

PS. while there are only two T pictures on my site, the others are pretty nice too.

<ul>[*]Car show pictures[/list]

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #4

Your not the only one that feel like that I would rather see an un restored car before a Fully restored one you get a better sence of what they were like in the old days when they were new.

But in some and Pa is one of them you would not be able to register that car here. they will only registed a &quot;RESTORED CAR&quot; I know some of you think I'm kidding but I'm not.

<ul>[*]Ford Ton Truck Club[/list]

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #5

Default I wish we had car shows like that in Memphis!

All we seem to draw is vette's, mustangs, etc. I really liked the Pierce, the Packard, the Duesenberg, and the A's and T's. I guess after seeing those pictures I would rather have the &quot;restored&quot; Duesenberg than the original T. A guy can dream can't he!

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #6

What country do you live in? They would never curtail your freedoms in the good old USA the land of the free and the home of the brave!!!

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #7

<center></center>

My favorite is also an unrestored which has been well used; the tires are not original, though.

<ul>[*]more pics of the car - click here[/list]

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #8

Default Trying again on the link..........

Oops! Forgot the URL was case sensitive.

<ul>[*]here's that link[/list]

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #9

<center></center>

What a time machine! Do you drive it much? Sure looks like fun!

Mine is still waiting for me in a barn somewhere... Bought a 14 a couple years ago, and keeping it company were 10 other cars, one of which wore an Ames body (not for sale,of course!)

Robert.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #10

Default We drive the 1911 on rare occasion....

<center></center>

...but this one gets the most use.

Teaching a wife to drive a Model T is an experience one does not soon forget. She went so fast, the hood blew off ! Just kidding...........

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #11

I think Mark's &quot;Pa&quot; refers to Pennsylvania.

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #12

I can't see why a car, if it were in sound mechanical condition, would not be eligible in any state for registration. I'm wondering, does PA have a board of judges on their DMV staff and only let those with 100 points pass? I could see safety or mechanical soundness, but looks?? Where it snows and they salt the roads?? &lt;I'm rolling my eyes!!&gt;

I know some countries in Europe have pretty strict vehicle requirements, but about 90% of those can be gotten around with things like rocky mountain brakes w/ cable back-ups, second taillights/marker lights/turn signals, etc... (I hear Italy's the worst!!) Others will register a vehicle if it's determined it's a vehicle that is proven to be &quot;historically accurate&quot; (Germany).

I tell you - if I owned the beauty in the picture, I'd fight tooth and nail to get it registered - Heck, I might even move over something that nice!!!

Question, tho - how would you preserve it to where it is now (remembering rust never sleeps)? I'd hate to have it totally disintegrate on me! Spray the body with WD-40 to keep the excess rust down?? &lt;grins&gt;