Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #1
tb40

Default Good Video

I had to share this video because of the Ford convertible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF3el_8rFeU

Travis in Ky
tb40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:52 PM   #2
peewee2you

Default Re: Good Video

Travis, thanks for sharing, I enjoyed that video and the ford, especailly because I drive a 47 Fordor Ford. I found it interesting that he removed the whole hood to complete the work that was needed, only because he had good strong hood springs, when the pilot raised the hood it stayed there nice and steady, where as mine you have to look up and be sure it's not coming down on you, lol... Pete
peewee2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:50 PM   #3
51 MERC-CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by peewee2you View Post
Travis, thanks for sharing, I enjoyed that video and the ford, especailly because I drive a 47 Fordor Ford. I found it interesting that he removed the whole hood to complete the work that was needed, only because he had good strong hood springs, when the pilot raised the hood it stayed there nice and steady, where as mine you have to look up and be sure it's not coming down on you, lol... Pete
Most likely the hood was removed for filming purposes other wise they couldn't get the girl in the shot. (or didn't you notice the girl? )
Old 01-11-2014, 06:09 PM   #4
Vic Piano

Yup, the hood was removed so the lighting could be done, the hood would have caused a big shadow and both the guy and the girl would have been obscured. I have to say, I love the car, I have a '47 Maize Yellow Convertible.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:35 PM   #5
19Fordy

Do the young kids today have the same "sense of responsibility" as Mickey?
I still have my driver's education certificate from highschool (1961), signed by the Principal (Ben F. Ingram) and the the driver's ed instructor (Walter Mier). It was a privilege and a "big deal" to get into the driver's ed. class back then. You had to be a senior. Plus, it made your insurance a little cheaper. Gosh, times DOES fly.
Click on photo to enlarge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3674B.jpg (57.6 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by 19Fordy; 01-11-2014 at 07:56 PM.
19Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:08 AM   #6
green50

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Fordy View Post
I still have my driver's education certificate from highschool (1961), signed by the Principal (Ben F. Ingram) and the the driver's ed instructor (Walter Mier). It was a privilege and a "big deal" to get into the driver's ed. class back then. You had to be a senior. Plus, it made your insurance a little cheaper. Gosh, times DOES fly. Click on photo to enlarge.
I got my certificate in 1967 and I have no idea what happened to it. I agree about time flying!
green50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:38 AM   #7
51 MERC-CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Fordy View Post
I still have my driver's education certificate from highschool (1961), signed by the Principal (Ben F. Ingram) and the the driver's ed instructor (Walter Mier). It was a privilege and a "big deal" to get into the driver's ed. class back then. You had to be a senior. Plus, it made your insurance a little cheaper. Gosh, times DOES fly.
Click on photo to enlarge.
When I got my drivers license there wasn't any such thing as 'driver education classes' or any requirement to attend one.
I did notice that shortly after the requirement to attend classes started there seemed to be an increase of irresponsible drivers on the road.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:29 AM   #8
funrunr

I bought my first car when I was 14½ yrs old. I couldn't wait for school to offer the class as it was only offered in the summer for free and my birthday is Feb. 1st. I saved my money, and paid for drivers ed on my own. Needless to say I was driving at 16 and it truly was a big deal for me. Thanks for the swell video.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:32 AM   #9
Vic Piano

On Long Island, in the '60's, when you were 16 you could get a "junior license". With the "Junior", you were restricted to driving only in your county and not a night. At 17 your "junior " automatically became a "Senior License", with no restrictions. I took Drivers Ed. as a Senior in HS (already had my Senior license) but I wanted the credit for the insurance benefit.
Old 01-12-2014, 09:58 AM   #10
Walt Dupont--Me.

When I was a kid there was no drivers ed. I got my drivers ed on the farm driving tractors and farm trucks when I was 8-10. We could get our lincen when we were 15. I had 1/2 dozen cars when I was 14, drove all over the back country roads. Had a nice 34 roadster when I was 14, didn't take me long to ruin that. My first car when I was 15 was a 38 Ford 4dr. I was playing around garage after school and the owner showed me how to do a valve job on my 38. Did my first on a flathead when I was 15, than did a valve job on my buddys 39 coupe. Buying hot rod mags when I was 14 and fell in love with all those pretty flatheads. Ohhhh to go back to the 50 and 60s. Walt
Walt Dupont--Me. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:11 AM   #11
19Fordy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51 MERC-CT View Post
When I got my drivers license there wasn't any such thing as 'driver education classes' or any requirement to attend one.
I did notice that shortly after the requirement to attend classes started there seemed to be an increase of irresponsible drivers on the road.
"Oh no! Say it ain't so."
19Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:46 AM   #12
tb40

I am happy you guys liked this video. I watched it and I just knew the car would be of interest to the Barn members.
I appreciate you all so much for the help you have gave me in the past.

Travis in Ky
tb40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:34 PM   #13
peewee2you

Walt thanks so much fo dating yourself, stating there was no Driver's ed when you were a youngster, you are one of the many respected and knowledgable individuals here on the barn, and we rely on you heavily for your knowledge. Peter
peewee2you is offline   Reply With Quote