Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-05-2010, 05:46 AM   #1
Lyle

Default Horders

Hello fellows
Have you all ran into other folks .With T,A, and flathead stuff just stacked up all over the place. You try to say.How motch do you want for those .A fenders.Well I have a use for those.well how about one of those18 model A frames.Well I got to see. If there is one. I can part with. He said. How about that. Flathead block laying there in the rain how mutch you need for that.Whith a sigh he screws up his face and says.Well the City is on my case (a__ _ ) to clean this front yard up a little. Then he asks O by the way do you have a set of head gaskets I can't aford a set of them. This man God bless hem He has a smile on his face all the time.I can't weight to see the back yard.
Lyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:35 AM   #2
Ray Parson

Default Re: Horders

please do not speek of me that way im trying to find the right meds so far nothing helps i keep stacking & stacking & stacking
Ray Parson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
Lyle

Smile Re: Horders

Have meds need parts.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:40 AM   #4
Lyle

Need to take a look around my place myself. My wife said it looked. Like sanfords and sons. Not my front yard. Just down at my shop
Old 09-05-2010, 08:54 AM   #5
JM 35 Sedan

My wife thinks I'm a class 5 horder but I think I'm just a collector that wants to save everything . I have sold a few parts lately so maybe I'm begining to recover now

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:56 AM   #6
rotorwrench

I've always been a pack rat too but the older I get, the more I realize a person has to set limits. When I figure out what the limits are I'll let y'all know.

Kerby
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:57 AM   #7
imnezrider

They need to contact pickers and let them waste some time there, They can afford the gas, etc.
imnezrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:14 AM   #8
Scott H

My wife and I have both come to the realization that eventually when one of us passes away the other is going to have to deal with liquidating their 'stuff'. Although we're only in our 50's time has a way of sneaking up on you. I wouldn't want her to have to deal with all my car stuff and tools, magazines, models, etc. So I'm deciding what's important and 're-homing' all the rest. As a side benefit I'm able to spend more quality time on the things I enjoy. And the new-found clutter-free space is easier to work in! I'm managing my hobby instead of my hobby managing me. I had almost 40 cuckoo clocks and sold off 35 in one lot to a guy on Ebay. I used to have 7 Mustangs. Now I have two, a 66 GT coupe, a 95 GT conv, and a 36 pickup. Still thinking of selling one of the mustangs. We had 4 horses, now we have 2. Still have too much clutter in the hobby room/workshop in the basement, mostly a few dozen plastic model kits and some train stuff, but it will soon be culled to focus on fewer, more special items.
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:26 AM   #9
imnezrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott H View Post
My wife and I have both come to the realization that eventually when one of us passes away the other is going to have to deal with liquidating their 'stuff'. Although we're only in our 50's time has a way of sneaking up on you. I wouldn't want her to have to deal with all my car stuff and tools, magazines, models, etc. So I'm deciding what's important and 're-homing' all the rest. As a side benefit I'm able to spend more quality time on the things I enjoy. And the new-found clutter-free space is easier to work in! I'm managing my hobby instead of my hobby managing me. I had almost 40 cuckoo clocks and sold off 35 in one lot to a guy on Ebay. I used to have 7 Mustangs. Now I have two, a 66 GT coupe, a 95 GT conv, and a 36 pickup. Still thinking of selling one of the mustangs. We had 4 horses, now we have 2. Still have too much clutter in the hobby room/workshop in the basement, mostly a few dozen plastic model kits and some train stuff, but it will soon be culled to focus on fewer, more special items.
I agree...one Mustang is more than enough. If you want to be a good benefactor, you could send one to me (I'll pay for shipping). I don't have even one.
imnezrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:32 AM   #10
Barry WNY

Me too, need to unload a bunch of crap instead of stashing, much is just scrap, spotlights, hubcaps, mismatched headlights... Now where is this guy that has a model A frame? would he have a cowl too? Then I could keep a pair of those axles and tires.... OOps, here we go agian
Barry WNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #11
Scott H

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnezrider View Post
I agree...one Mustang is more than enough. If you want to be a good benefactor, you could send one to me (I'll pay for shipping). I don't have even one.
You can HAVE the '95 if you can pay $8000 in shipping No local pickup offered...
Its got all Cobra upgrades and only 44k miles..
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:19 AM   #12
mfagan

I thought I was the ONLY ONE!!!!
mfagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:26 AM   #13
Rowdy
BANNED

I resemble that stement. Thankfully most of it is out at the farm. salvaging it orgnanizing it so I know what I can sell and what I can't is the main problem. Its all for sale one piece at a time. Rod
Old 09-05-2010, 10:36 AM   #14
peters180a/170b

The story is with these old boys with the "STUFF" is... if they sell off all of it no one will come and visit them... I have found that to be so true... If their wife is still around after the old boy dies the wife can not get rid of the "STUFF" fast enough. You gotta just be the first one there!
peters180a/170b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:40 AM   #15
NYfatboy

Not much to say,just 2 pics of some of my stuff (my wife hates me!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my junk.jpg (74.5 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg 41a.jpg (116.4 KB, 170 views)
Old 09-05-2010, 11:22 AM   #16
Lyle

Yes and to top it off. I just had to bring in that 25 model T C Cab truck body. Jane hase not seen it yet. I moved stuff around so maby she will not see it. I can say That old thing.I have had it laying around a long time. I thought you seen it allready.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #17
Lyle

I would sell most of. Everything I have for the right amount of money. Do that not make me a horder. I hope.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:49 PM   #18
Mike in AZ

quite a few of the old 'Barners are into trains, too....Clem Clement comes to mind, for one....Mike
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 03:09 PM   #19
Lyle

Man I have to admit I have one room in the other storage room with a bunch of line and radio control aircraft. Some of that stuff I got when I was. let me think. started when I was nine that were 1960 Holly c_ _p 50 years worth of model airplaine stuff.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #20
Frank The Plumber

I have a 1 year rule, if I do not touch it in one year it gets a dot, a sticker, if it has a sticker after 2 years it gets put up for sale, 2 stickers after a year of trying to sell it I either give it away, scrap it or chuck it in the dumpster. Your kids are gonna hate you when you die other wise, loading dumpsters with a skid steer.
Frank The Plumber is offline   Reply With Quote