Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-02-2013, 11:22 PM   #21
Roffeman

Red face Re: 1937 Cabriolet with Intro (and questions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart View Post
The 37 styling is a grower for sure
Hi Mart,

I agree, I did not care for them much as I thought I had to have a '40 but now I like it. I don't know if you remember the old Swedish magazine Colorod but they had a 1938 project car. This car brings back some memories as it is sort of similar.

More updates soon.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #22
ford38v8

Default Re: 1937 Cabriolet with Intro (and questions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mart View Post
Hi Rolf. The car looks absolutely stunning. The 37 styling is a grower for sure - but once the eye becomes accustomed, it's a lovely simple look with great clarity and simplicity.

Very nice.

Mart.
Mart, your words... you sound like a wine conny sewer!
Old 04-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #23
Roffeman

The last weekend offered temperatures in excess of seventy degrees, something that is unheard of in Late March in this part of the country. Needless to say it would be a felony to leave an open car in the garage under such circumstances!

Anyway, the car got some miles on it and the only problem I encountered was to wipe that stupid grin off my face but the weekend is over and it is time to look over this beauty. I need to detail it, do a service and check general tune of the car so it’s ready for action this summer season.

Daum…this thing is clean in every corner. I am not a big fan of blue dots but they will stay for now.

How can you not love this??! OK, I am getting a little too excited now. Let’s get back to work:

I am sure you have seen those ads for some snake oil miracle paint rejuvenator or some other auto detail product: They usually have a slightly faded but super straight rust free 1967 Camaro Z-28 or a 1970 Hemi Charger they just found in a barn and all it need is a details. Yeah right??

If and when I find a Hemi Charger in a barn it would be rusted up to the door handles, the engine replaced with a stuck slant six and the interior would have been eaten alive by various animals who made it their home (and toilet!) Sure, that will BUFF out !

Anyway, THIS car is actually like that snake oil car. It just need a proper detail and it should really make for a nice 1937 Cabriolet. The reason for this is of course the fact that it was completely restored and not driven much since then. That kinda helps!!

Well, let’s get this thing jacked up…so to speak. After removing the rolling stock I get a chance to see the suspension properly and I can only confirm that everything seems to be in great shape.

The wheel wells also looks very nice and clean. All brackets have been cad plated and all rubber seems fresh. I can’t complain.The fenders have a rubberized coating under them to protect them from “tned”. That is “dent” backwards. That is what you get when a rock leaves the tire at high speed and makes a dent from the inside. Dent but backwards = tned. Now you know…

After removing the drums I discovered new brake shoes and hydraulics so there was nothing for me to other check adjustment. My work is done here.

When was the last time you polished between the spokes??

A swap meet visit yielded this vintage license frame for $15.00. It will help dress up the restored 1937 WA plate. I think I need to make a backing plate for this as well since it sits on top of the post with the backside exposed.

More later…

PS. Sorry about the large pics, they are much smaller on my web site.

Last edited by Roffeman; 04-03-2013 at 12:39 PM.
Roffeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:27 PM   #24
35cab

Rolf,
This car just gets better the more you show us, beautiful, thanks for posting.
Gordon.
35cab is offline   Reply With Quote