Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-14-2012, 07:24 AM   #1
allen

Send a message via ICQ to allen
Default powerful words like barn fresh little olé lady

I'm old enough to remember words like little olé lady, or Sunday rides meant the price went up but I guess the new word is barn fresh wow this is more powerful than NOS or NOR. check this cool barn fresh find out what a deal. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Boyce-Moto-m...item45f3ab6776

Last edited by allen; 01-14-2012 at 07:54 AM.
allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 07:38 AM   #2
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: powerful words like barn fresh little olé lady

Allen, the biggest difference I think happens these days is, it used to be that most of the time the phrases were made by someone who was looking you in the face when they were describing something to you. Today, the deceit is seemingly rampant from folks who hide behind a computer screen. Maybe it is also a society today where the words 'accountability' and 'truthfulness' no longer have any real meaning or substance. Imagine what it will be like one or two generations on down the road!!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
ken ct
BANNED

$250 bid on that piece of junk.???????????????? ken ct.
ken ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
Great Lakes Greg

And his $1 handling fee. Hmmmm.
Great Lakes Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #5
2935ford

He's seen to many "picker" shows!
2935ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #6
V4F

i think ill jump on that . only $250 , maybe there is something wrong with it ! but a heck of a deal ................... steve
Old 01-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #7
Fred
BANNED

One of the "OFFERS" was mine.. ( The First one ) I did that several days after it was listed.. I offered $25.00 & said that it was in need of repair, but I could do that... He then told me to go @@@+++&&&%%%$$$ OFF some where !!.. Then sent me Another kind note, ?? That he was blocking me from ever bidding,Offering, or sending him a message on any of his auctions... Guess I missed that deal !!...
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #8
Gravelroad

To me the piece looks vintage and in pretty good shape. Awful pricey for me though. Way older than model a if it has been sitting on a barn shelf for almost a century. That would put it last being used about 1908 to 1910. My question is, were there any cars of the same vintage as the moto meter shown that had the bayonet style radiator cap. I just assumed that all had threaded radiator fill necks. What car would have used the quarter turn bayonet and about when was the moto meter last used (before temp gauges).

Last edited by Gravelroad; 01-14-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Gravelroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:36 PM   #9
dumb person

One or 2 generations away will probably be post apocalyptic & everything will be munted & broken from retarded peoplefighting over each others ...whatever that word is that describes how important a person thinks they are.
dumb person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:49 PM   #10
peters180a/170b

The only way is it worth $250.00 is the brass is really GOLD... In my book Fred is right on the price $25.00 ..... If he mouth off to Fred that way i would send the copy to EBAY and tell them this seller SUCKS....L.O.L.
peters180a/170b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:57 PM   #11
Fred
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by peters180a/170b View Post
The only way is it worth $250.00 is the brass is really GOLD... In my book Fred is right on the price $25.00 ..... If he mouth off to Fred that way i would send the copy to EBAY and tell them this seller SUCKS....L.O.L.
Pete, I DID, But they just send out a warning.. Kind of like a slap on the wrist...
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #12
Ross/Kzoo

Maybe we could all contact the seller and ask if we could be banned from his auctions.
Ross/Kzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #13
Great Lakes Greg

I propose all fordbarners send and offer of $1.
Great Lakes Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #14
FL&WVMIKE

I just realized that I have mounds of "Barn Fresh" material ! My junk just went up in price ! LOL
MIKE
FL&WVMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #15
CarlG

Fred's bid was too high. So I sent a lower one in.
CarlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:07 AM   #16
700rpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Pete, I DID, But they just send out a warning.. Kind of like a slap on the wrist...
Ebay doesn't give a rip about anything but the money. Complaining to them is just pssing up a rope. Their corporate attitude perfectly mirrors what Jeff describes in his post about the book on narcissism. Better to buy FTF or from Barners or MAFCA/MARC members through their sites. There are LOTS of Model A parts out there; be patient and you'll usually find what you're looking for at a fair price from an honest person.

As you go through life, keep your eye on the donut, not the hole.
700rpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:17 AM   #17
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
One of the "OFFERS" was mine.. ( The First one ) I did that several days after it was listed.. I offered $25.00 & said that it was in need of repair, but I could do that... He then told me to go @@@+++&&&%%%$$$ OFF some where !!.. Then sent me Another kind note, ?? That he was blocking me from ever bidding,Offering, or sending him a message on any of his auctions... Guess I missed that deal !!...
Fred, I quess he does not want intellegent people from getting in his way of ripping people off!

He has a feedback "Product was fine and service prompt but Seller has a bad attitude." The idiot countered "bought item on 12-31-11 and demanded it by1-2-12 sorry post office closed" What a fool!
Old 01-15-2012, 02:09 AM   #18
Craig Lewis

It's pretty amazing his list of "other items"
The prices seem high on everything, but he somehow looks too organized to be losing money.
It's my guess he sells everything at the highest bid he can muster. The high starting bid is partially there to eliminate bottom feeders and lowballers and partially as a false value setter which sticks in the forefront of ones mind while they are trying to formulate a winning offer. Nice thing about having a world auction is you're almost certain to find at least one person who wants your stuff
...in the used car business they say "there's an ass for every seat"
The odd person who pays "buy it now" is the icing on his cake.

Personally I've sold a few dozen items on ebay and find myself questioning if it's worth all the effort. Folks who've never sold on ebay are sometimes unaware of the actual time involved in presenting an item to the screen.
I got a chuckle from the guy on this thread who questioned the $1xx handling fee.
After answering emails and finally selling an item, there's often over an hour getting the correct shipping materials & packaging & driving & waiting at the post office.
I'm more inclined now days to just keep my extra toys for show & tell & maybe trade.
However, if the gentleman gets his price on THIS bargain (click link) methinks it may be time to re-enter the ring ...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-Hammer-H...item43a978ebcd
Craig Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:44 AM   #19
allen

Send a message via ICQ to allen

I got a chuckle from the guy on this thread who questioned the $1xx handling fee.

I sell on ebay too, feedback over 600, Sold many items yes there is a effort to sell time and replying to emails, but why throw a 1 dollar in the mix, to me this is the cherry on top, any thing you do or sell takes effort "going to the post office, taping the box up, getting gas in you car to go the post office"sure you can nip pick a million things just go with it and try to be honest, Thats what Brent meant on the second post. Being rude to Fred is no way to act just say no thanks and thank you for offering, whats wrong with that, I see the word Barn Fresh used over and over again, Too me they "cars and parts" are all Barn Finds. and as been since this hobby begin
I mean think about it what is a Barn Find but a part or car that is no longer being used. thats a lot of stuff, 700 rmp as good point theres a lot of places to go other than ebay.
allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #20
Fordors

I think I may buy the hammer head. Seller incorrectly lists it as "cast steel ball peen" and clearly it is a forging worth much more than the $20 Buy It Now.
All kidding aside, why get your dander up over what an individual lists in an auction one is not forced to enter? Even if the guy with the Moto Meter has listed something at an unusually high price it may just be that he has no idea of the true value. His use of the term "barn find" might just be because it is the latest catch phrase. Regardless, if he gets his price it all reverts back to Let the Buyer Beware; as members here I'd consider us informed consumers so there is really no impact on us.
I too have sold on Ebay, always with a bare minimum opening bid and yes, at times, I have lost money on items. That to me is the true definition of an auction. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose.
Fordors is offline   Reply With Quote