Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 01:24 PM   #1
Junknshit
Banned

Default Apology......No name change

I posted something similar to this on the Model A forum because this whole thing kinda started there.

First, If something I post or my name offends anyone I am sorry, nothing was meant to offend.

After considerable thought by me about a name change: Offending someone else. To close to someone elses and them thinking I copied them. And other things. I had almost made up my mind to keep my name. Then I turned on my computer and saw the e-mails, PMs, and posted comments. I decided to let the majority rule. After reading everything, I will keep my name.

While I appreciate all comments on any post I make, for or against, I do want to say, Thanks to everyone for the support. I really do appreciate it.

Again, I didn't, and don't, mean to offend anyone.

Now, I'm going to get on with enjoying life.

Last edited by Junknshit; 12-30-2011 at 01:27 PM. Reason: darned ol puter put wrong letters in wrong places
Old 12-30-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: Apology......No name change

Yep, life is too short to be dealing with things that don't make that much difference anyway. I'm not sure I remember reading about which year/model Ford you are working on or own and drive? Maybe a little blip on that with some pics would be cool. Knowing that info may help us to help you in some way.

And Hoop if you read this, I just want to let you know I/we appreciate having you here on the forum...your name, your Avatar picture (LOL), and all the helpful and humorous posts that you make here.
Let's all strive to keep the real intent of this forum in mind for the new year in 2012!
Happy New Year to all you Barner's out there!

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
Old 12-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
HOTRODPRIMER

Why post the same thing again? HRP
Old 12-30-2011, 05:19 PM   #4
Junknshit
Banned

OK John, and anyone else that wants to know here's probably more than you want to know about me.
Cars. Almost any kind of cars. Restored, Hot Rods, (Early and Early style), Customs (done tastefully)Drag cars, Bonnieville and lakes cars, almost any kind of car. I'm not much on the Boyd type of so called street rod. Most of them seem to me to be either ego cars or make mine better than the Jonses car, money no object. I even like muscle cars. I don't want one, but I like some of them.

Flatheads , Bangers, early overheads (nailheads, Cads, Olds, Y-blocks etc) Never have had a Hot Rod or a custom powered by a sbc. I have built quite a few of the sbc's for sons and friends, but never in a car of mine.

Have 7 sons and have given each of them a car that we have built together in my shop. With the help of friends of course. My youngest son (30 yrs old) just got a 56 Merc Montclair Phaeton mild custom.

Now that the boys are taken care of, I am working on probably my last build. It will be a mild flathead powered Model A "phantom" ( a body style Ford never built, but in my opinion should have) It will be Hot Rod style, chopped, channeled, and fenderless.

All of my cars have always been daily drivers in all weather. Until after we moved out, and I do mean out, in the country the newest car we owned was my 53 Ford mild custom. I also had at that time a chopped 47 Ford coupe, Flathead powered, and a 30 Model A coupe with a Toyota Hemi V-8. (looked like a Chrys Hemi & was only available in Toyota President limos). My wife drove a 39 Pontiac with a 250 Chev 6 and turbo 350.

I like people that think outside the box, and aren't afraid to try something. You know, experiment a little. Me, I'll try almost anything at least once.

I've done some drag racing. Mostly when I lived in Iowa and raced mostly at Cordova, Ill. I hate ET bracket racing because I figure Drag racing is to get to the end fastest. Raced in Stock class, B/S roadster class, partnered with a friend in a rail, and had a funny car when they were metal bodied cars with an altered wheelbase.

Seems like I've always got a bunch of junk n stuff laying around, so I will trade something to someone that needs it, for something I don't need or don't want really, because I figure I might be able to trade it later.

I'm not a religious nut but I do go to church about once a month on average. Too many hypocrits there for me.

Health issues have slowed me down a lot in the last several years, but I can still "git er done", just takes a lot longer.

Haven't had a computer very long, and don't have a digital camera or scanner, but maybe a son will let me use his camera and show me how to do pictures, post them, and do an avatar soon. Not really crazy about puters and cell phones, but better get used to them I guess. Puters wear out two of my fingers, and mind forgets what I was going to type by the time I catch up.

Don't anyone pass out here. I hate "niggers". This is NOT a reference to Black people. it is a reference to a person of any color, white, tan, brown, yellow, or whatever color, that is a liar or a thief or both. This was passed to me thru my father from my granddad.

A lot of what I have done is only possible because of help or support from my wife, sons, and a couple of friends.

Anything else you want to know, ask., and I will try and answer.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:53 PM   #5
Ryan
Administrator

No need any more. We don't do racism.
Closed Thread