Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-21-2023, 10:51 AM   #21
steamgas

Default Re: E28 powerhouse generator parts

this is a problem i have been working on for a month or so now. my brush ring broke during disassembly. it litter y fell apart in my hands. to find parts for the powerhouse generator is impossible. i am a tool and die maker and also a mechanical engineer. i took the old pieces and super glued them back together and made a 3d solid of the brush-ring on my computer. i made mine out of delrin material and added an .125 to the thickness to give it more strength. then milled out pockets for the brush holders. making the delrin ring was the easy part. salvaging the brush holders have been the real hard part. they also will have to be welded back together or maby 1 will have to be made new. next just try to find the brush springs (impossible). theses brush holders must be disassembled to remove the old material around them.i soldered my back together with a silver-bearing solder they felt good and strong but a better way is to silver solder them. also just try to find the field coil's,i ended up making my own. all of this takes a lot of engineering.i sure wish i had the Henry ford blueprint's for this generator. if i can help anyone with this let me know
steamgas is offline   Reply With Quote