Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2018, 12:02 PM   #1
JayGriff

Default Resurrecting My Ahoooga

Hi all. I'm new to the barn and have enjoyed following a number of quite helpful threads (and private messages) since becoming the new owner of my old coupe (30'). It belonged to my grandfather who restored it in the mid 90s, and I'm very fortunate to have gotten my hands on it.

My local club has likewise been quite helpful in answering questions and showing me how to get her tuned up and running well.

I thought I might pose this question since I haven't been able to find a lot on the subject, which is the horn. The car currently has what I believe to be a pair of operable later era (and very loud) bell horns, but I want to return the ahooga horn back to service. I took it off the car but it has no wiring or connections at all. I haven't found any identifying marks or labels, but the guts appear to be period correct, possibly original.

I'd like to test it to see what happens, but I have no idea where the wiring is supposed to connect internally. Can someone help me understand where to connect a lead to a battery for my test?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 30coupe.jpg (101.3 KB, 58 views)
JayGriff is offline   Reply With Quote