Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-06-2016, 06:34 AM   #1
OLD AS I

Default '35-'37 Ford pickup front fender inner panel

Any one know of a source other than fiberglass, have placed an ad in swap meet section, know Macs has fiberglass, prefer steel originals or repro's any condition
OLD AS I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:57 AM   #2
oldandtired

Default Re: '35-'37 Ford pickup front fender inner panel

oldasi...35-37 Ford pickup inner fender panels are not the same for all 3 years. The 37 is a different panel... different shape in front than the 35/6. I have had two different types of 37's, some with the drain hole and some without.
oldandtired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:01 AM   #3
rotorwrench

The 1937 was a change year so a lot of things are not interchangeable with anything else. What year truck are you seeking the part for?
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:05 AM   #4
OLD AS I

Thanks for the comments here, as I mentioned I posted this for a friend, he's a Mr. KnowItAll yet unable to be on the Barn here. I copied and pasted comments I got here and on Early V8 and emailed to him, actually emailed his wife, he can't email. His comment was "these guys don't know what they are talking about, change was '38, '35-'37 are all the same". This truck was a basket case but very complete, just needed assy according to him, found a shop near where I live, asked me about the shop, I told him to stay away, don't go there, every one here knows how shop operates. He went to see him, was told give me 4 months and $4000 and it will be done, its now 3 yrs and bushels of $$$$$$ am sure. Friend now says shop needs inner panels to hold rad in place inorder to get motor running, REALLY . When I saw this basket case, motor had no heads on it, no intake, no oil pan, no timing cover and had been this way for unknown number of yrs without being covered, `just needs reassy`g`I took him to Hershey, he had no shopping list, don't need anything, first item he saw was the inner panels, guess he didnt know he needed them, shop would have known he was going to Hershey. I REALLY NEEDED TO SOUND OFF, feel a little better but hate to see someone being taken, he`s on his own now, like `you can take a horse to water but cant make it drink`
OLD AS I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:06 AM   #5
rotorwrench

At least you tried. It sounds like he needs a green bible 28 to 48 Ford parts catalog for Christmas. You can't go wrong with good information. The more the better. One day the EFV8 club may get back to Lawson's book project for the commercials in question. They will have to publish it some day. This information for the 35/36 and the odd ball 37 commercials should be out there.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 11:14 AM   #6
Karl Wescott

Attached is a photo of fiberglass 1/2 ton ones... 1935-36 on left, 1937 on right. The 1937 was different where it butts to the grille, and the right side has the dimple for a hole for the battery drain (or may not, as noted above).

1-1/2 ton inner fenders are different from 1/2 ton.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fender3537PuFrontInner.jpg (22.0 KB, 34 views)
Karl Wescott is online now   Reply With Quote