Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-12-2016, 05:21 PM   #1
oldrelics

Default Anybody here go through the process to license and reproduce a Ford part?

Anybody here go through the process to license and reproduce a Ford part?
oldrelics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:04 PM   #2
russcc

Default Re: Anybody here go through the process to license and reproduce a Ford part?

I would call Don Snyder at Snyder's in Springfield Ohio. I bet he can give you the lowdown on the process. Very good folks to work with on Model A & T stuff.
russcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:48 PM   #3
alanwoodieman

Default Re: Anybody here go through the process to license and reproduce a Ford part?

a long time ago when we talked to a Ford rep, it was very expensive to just get a license and then had to pay a royalty for every part reproduced, turned out they really wanted a deep pocket commitment
alanwoodieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:57 PM   #4
FlatheadTed

Send a message via AIM to FlatheadTed

My parts are sold under a Ford Licence through Macs ,but don't ask me how to .Ted

Flathead Ted brake Floaters ,
FlatheadTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:24 PM   #5
35fordtn

The licensing is hard to get in a sense if you are a small operation. Our Ford License was pending for two years.. Ford does not get in a hurry.
35fordtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 01:29 PM   #6
moefuzz

If you plan to copy/reproduce/manufacturer a 'Ford Part' that is not true to the original quality and design
Or a part of such substandard manufacture that it places the 'Ford' brand/name liable for failures, then you are beating your head against a wall.
Research of the original design and intent of part goes a long way in getting your foot in the door.

Ford has in the past, forced re-manufacturers and retailers to "cease and desist" due to less-than-honest practices, which at times may just be as simple using the "Ford" brand name.

I do hear that GM is much more willing to 'license' brand names
and to do business with manufactures/investors irregardless of poor quality of part/production and design
Cash on the table trumps part/design features.

moefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 07:31 PM   #7
oldrelics

Yea thanks guys, I'm more curious than anything.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:50 PM   #8
Binx

I'm guessing the poor quality of repro parts during your '41 pickup build inspired this new endeavor? I don't know what happened to the photos in that thread but it would be great if you could make them come back for us to study and enjoy.

Lonnie
Binx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:07 PM   #9
oldrelics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binx View Post
I'm guessing the poor quality of repro parts during your '41 pickup build inspired this new endeavor? I don't know what happened to the photos in that thread but it would be great if you could make them come back for us to study and enjoy.

Lonnie
Well thanks, I'll let the new owner post pics if he wants. I cry everytime I see them tooo
I have a new project that has an item really rare that is not reproduced.
Poor quality is always as issue yes, drives me nuts.