Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-28-2015, 12:48 PM   #1
djuby1

Default Slant Windshield Dimensions (Model 190A)

I need the dimensions of a slant windshield frame for a early 1931 Model 190A Victoria that I am restoring. I have a original frame that I think is the correct one, but need the dimensions to be sure. Does anybody know what these are. I have not been able to locate this on the internet anywhere. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Last edited by djuby1; 07-28-2015 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Added correct title
djuby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 12:06 PM   #2
Vern

Default Re: Slant Windshield Dimensions (Model 190A)

The dimensions of the Victoria 190A frame are the same as any other Model A frame used during 1930-31. However, there is a special body mount bracket for the slant windshield bodies, including the Victoria, that was introduced in the later part of 1930. What specifically are you looking for? Post a photo of your existing frame and it can be determined if it has the extra body bracket. You are invited to join the Victoria Association, they have all the information particular to that body style.
Vern Schwebke, President
International Model A Victoria Association
[email protected]
www.VictoriaAssociation.com
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 12:39 PM   #3
Roger V

Since you have " windshield frame" underlined I figure that's the dimensions you want. I measured two with the sides/ends at 14 5/8 to 14 3/4" affected by the hinge condition. The bottom is 44 1/2" and the top is 45 1/2". As an aside the straight windshield frame is 16+" on the sides/end.
Roger V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 01:32 PM   #4
djuby1

Vern,
Thank you for getting back with me on this. I can send you a picture of the frame. I bought it from Bratton Part number 30080 which has the hinge attached to it. I do not see the special body mount bracket that you reference to anywhere in the Bratton parts catalog. Can you inform me where I can find this bracket. I believe this bracket is missing because we can not get the windshield to seat properly in the window opening. Again thank you for any help you can provide.

cheers,
djuby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 02:01 PM   #5
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by djuby1 View Post
Vern,
I bought it from Bratton Part number 30080 which has the hinge attached to it.

cheers,
Well 30080 does say, "Victoria and S/W Fordor. Frame height 14 1/2" with glass installed."

Aluminum frame
Old 07-29-2015, 02:29 PM   #6
Roger V

Quote:
Originally Posted by djuby1 View Post
Vern,
Thank you for getting back with me on this. I can send you a picture of the frame. I bought it from Bratton Part number 30080 which has the hinge attached to it. I do not see the special body mount bracket that you reference to anywhere in the Bratton parts catalog. Can you inform me where I can find this bracket. I believe this bracket is missing because we can not get the windshield to seat properly in the window opening. Again thank you for any help you can provide.

cheers,
Because your wording could be confusing, I'm guessing Vern thought you meant the "chassis" frame which has the additional bracket on the sides for mounting slant window bodies. Nothing to do with the windshield frame. Therefore you have some other issue with the windshield.
Roger V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 03:29 PM   #7
Vern

djuby1, boy did I miss the question!
Roger & Mike, as usual, provide the proper answers....There is NO special body mount tab on the windshield frame! But I still invite you to join the Victoria Association, where we know a lot, but obviously not all, about Victorias.
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 08:36 PM   #8
Kevin in NJ

It is quite simple.

The straight window frame is too large to fit in the hole as the slant window frame is about 2" shorter if I remember correct.

Also the real big clue, no hole in the top part for a windshield wiper. The 190A and the 160A/B/C have the wiper hole in the header. If your frame does not have a hole and has the metal for holding the rubber seal then it is correct. I think the later pickups had a frame with no hole and no metal for holding the rubber seal, I have one laying around.

The 400A and 68C will have a special bracket and the wiper goes though the top part.
Kevin in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote