Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2016, 03:54 PM   #1
Ron Pilger

Default name to remember for your next wiring harness

My usual source for “old Ford parts” was temporarily out of stock of the 1936 Ford main wiring harness. Searching this forum, and the Early Ford V8 Club site, a name that popped up a number of times as a reliable vendor of quality wiring products was Tyree Harris ([email protected]). I sent Tyree an email yesterday morning asking about product availability. A few hours later my cell phone was ringing and displaying a number very foreign to my area code. (I’m from Alberta, Canada). Much to my surprise it was Tyree telling me he that he’d read my email, determined he had stock and that the harness which I needed would be in the mail the very next morning. Bear in mind that he did not know me, we hadn’t discussed my ability to pay, or how I would pay, and so on. All he had was my name, address and phone number. I asked if he could take a Visa number over the phone. He said that isn’t he way he does business. All he asked is that I mail him a cheque for the product and postage (in U.S. funds) once the harness arrived. Wow! Now that’s great old-fashioned value! This is the kind of legendary customer service and amazing on-time supply performance that most big companies will never be able to achieve. Naturally, I highly recommend Tyree Harris when you need a wiring harness for your current/next project.
Ron Pilger is offline   Reply With Quote