Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2020, 06:40 AM   #1
ghmwilson

Default 1935 Ford Tudor Deluxe - Wheel Colour

Hello all - I acquired this 1935 Ford Deluxe Tudor a few years ago from the estate of a close family friend who passed away. He had owned the car since the early 1960's and purchased at that time from the original owner, so I'm the third owner. The car is an unrestored original with 32,000 miles, extremely well preserved, especially for a car that spent it's winters in Canada. The interior is mint and the glove box still contains service records and the original owners manual.
My question is regarding wheel colour. The previous owner at some point in the 1980's removed the wheels and had them painted a silvery-grey colour, and put on white walls. My father recalls seeing the car in the early 1960's (when it still belonged to the original owner), and it had grey wheels on it at that point. I took a look in the 1935-36 Ford Book, and it states that Deluxe cars with black bodies had "medium apple green" wheels. Is it possible that the dealer sold it with grey wheels? I'm wanting to put new tires on it and freshen up the wheel colour - and I suppose I'm torn between repainting them an original grey colour, or medium apple green. Any advice? I've also been trying to find out what medium apple green actually looks like and if there are modern paint codes that ensure the proper colour...anybody know how to go about acquiring proper "medium apple green" paint?
Thanks,
Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 35-2.jpg (83.3 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg 35-1.jpg (87.2 KB, 75 views)
ghmwilson is offline   Reply With Quote