Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Model-A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #1

Default early rear ends

I have got a question about the changes between 32 to 48 in the crown wheel carrier size and axle size and what parts interchange.We have three diffs in bits and dont realy know what they are out of and internal parts are diferent sizes .Any information that can help us trace the best one to use under rodded 31 with flatthead, we think we had 34 or 36 rears?

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #2

Default Re: early rear ends

Between Bruce that has the parts books, and all the others---- please post on Early V8 ? I bet they can nail it down?

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #3

There is an excellent article in the “third for 2001” issue of FAST. Contact Jim Brierley [email protected]. Also, you email doesn’t work. Please contact me.

Charlie Stephens

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #4

basic families: 1928-31 and almost all 1932 have no straddle mount rear bearing on drive pinion, have round flange between torque tube and banjo. Late 32-48 have hex flange and straddle mount. 32-34 have smaller pinion bearings than later. 35-48 all basicall similar, but there are 2 differnt types of spider gears and different spline counts at pinion to driveshaft joint. Send enough numbrs and dimensions and we'll eventually be able to sort it all out.

<table><tr><td><font face="arial">