Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-12-2015, 08:44 AM   #1
Charlie ny
BANNED

Default 2015 Hershey

We're back from Chocolate Town and what an event it was. Weather was
perfect except for 3 hours on late Friday afternoon, Saturday dawned clear
and crisp. Almost all the usual suspects were there. Jim Kroll, Ken Redneck Stewart, big Jon Anderson, Glen Sanders, Straight Pipes (Butch Howe),
Bill Simon, Jack 34 pickup Evans, better late than ever John Mason made
it after a flight delay from old blightey, bon vivant Gerry Richmond made
it as well. Bryan Markall, Jack 'Flatjack' Myers representing
the great north central states and John Nericcio representing the New
England portion of Barnland. Ken Isidor from Ct. was in place near the
Giant Center as well. Pat Fenner and his buds were trolling on their overloaded golf cart, these guys represent the western Ohio / eastern Indiana 'cabol'. I know I've missed some mates and for that I certainly
apologize.
I did notice that some really great cars were for sale on swap spaces,
most had that certain character that we value versus the collector shine
visible in the car corral. In my opinion Ford still rules the parts supply
availability with T, A and Flathead era goodies abounding.
Lots of battery scooters and golf carts but that's where we are at, ain't
it!
Missing ,at least I didn't see them, was Mac and Shelly Van Pelt...maybe
next year.
Charlie ny
Charlie ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:12 AM   #2
Pat/Ohio

Default Re: 2015 Hershey

Charlie....It was great seeing you and your lovely wife in Hershey! Yes there were some nice cars/trucks for sale. I especially liked the '31 Ford Tudor Phaeton near your spot! What a beautiful car!

Pat
Pat/Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:57 AM   #3
JimOH

Charlie,...It was nice seeing you and Alice and so many other NY, OH, MI, TN, CA, IN, IL, KY and every other US and Canada Ford guys. I could fill this page and still miss mentioning every person that I enjoyed conversing with. I hated to see it all end but the late rain and wind scattered everybody. I am already looking forward to next year. But! we have the V8 Meets to look forward too also. Have a good winter. JimOH
JimOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 02:23 PM   #4
Old Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Old Redneck Send a message via Yahoo to Old Redneck

We had a nice time there also. The only way to travel there is a Scooter or Golf cart. I will have one next year. Maybe a few of them and sell them at a low price. Once a car salesman never gives up trying to make a dollar.
Old Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 03:49 PM   #5
JM 35 Sedan

Good to see you Charlie, but I missed seeing Alice. I spent most of my time there Friday going to the various fields to visit and chat with friends, although I did manage to find a nice set of NOS '35-'36 brake rod support brackets while talking to Don Ingersoll. Then to Arel Brown's spaces where he was busy selling V-8 Club clothing apparel at a good discount. Then to the Chocolate Field to see Zach's new to him '35 Roadster, Bill & LeeAnn Wzorek our premier shock rebuilders, and Gary Trinque to see his nice 27k mile, '35 deluxe tudor sedan barn find that was for sale, but somehow missing my cross country traveling buddy, Frank Miller. Then to Dennis Carpenters to chat with the V-8 Club guys, Bruce Nelson and our very own RG36 guys, and then to the Green Field to see Ken ct and Kirmit Cross. After doing most of the Car Corral it was announced that a string of severe thunderstorms were heading towards Hershey, so I hustled back to the old stadium, jumped in my '35 and headed for home hoping to outrun the storms, which I did .

It felt great to be there, if only for part of one day, and the guys on golf carts with cans dragging, or the guys riding scooters did not seem to bother me at all, after all, I was at the greatest show on earth, IMHO.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 10-12-2015 at 07:09 PM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 04:23 PM   #6
Vic Piano

Sounds like everyone had a good time. We were planning o n attending the Race of Gentlemen however, the event was rescheduled due to bad weather and we had a conflict... Oh well... Hope to see a few of you at the 2016 Florida "Barner's Bash". 2016 marks the 10th year of the Florida "Barner's Bash" so we're hoping to have a really good turnout to celebrate. We most likely won't have a weekend selected before the new year but, we'll let everyone know the dates and events as they come together.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:44 PM   #7
Charlie ny
BANNED

JM,
Frank Miller was there, I forgot to include him in my 'year book'. Frank even scouted out a sort of rare '36 LB distributor housing for me. My brain needs a scooter.
Charlie ny
Charlie ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 06:37 PM   #8
TomT/Williamsburg

I was located right behind Charlie and Alice - had a great time visiting with them .....
TomT/Williamsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 07:05 AM   #9
Pete/Ct.

We had the usual great time, actually sold some stuff, didn't find much though and except for three hours the weather was perfect. Thanks to all that stopped and said hello. Pete/Ct.
Pete/Ct. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 08:16 AM   #10
Frank Miller

Thanks Charlie! Sorry I missed you John. I did see Flipper though. :-)
Old 10-13-2015, 09:43 AM   #11
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Miller View Post
Thanks Charlie! Sorry I missed you John. I did see Flipper though. :-)
I was planning to stop back at CU36 on the way back to the old stadium until they mentioned thunder storms. All I could imagine was golf ball size hail bouncing off the '35's sheetmetal , so it was back to the old stadium asap, and outta there heading for home, with dark clouds in my rearview all the way.

I really liked that '35 deluxe tudor sedan! Did he wind up sell it at Hershey?

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 10-13-2015 at 09:49 AM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:51 AM   #12
stangblue

Thanks to all the fellow early V-8 and Ford Barners and car enthusiast that stopped by at Hershey this yr. I met and exchanged with some very knowledgeable and interesting hobbyist from far and wide. I always looking to forward to meet with new people and old acquaintances. It is what makes this hobby special. Craig Calwhite
Old 10-14-2015, 07:57 AM   #13
Bored&Stroked

I only made it in for a day . . . of course it was Friday - and we were chased off by rain. I did see some good stuff, but I think all the real deals were made between vendors on Tuesday! (Heard some amazing stories). Met a few old friends, made some new ones . . . was a bunch of fun in a short timeframe. Heck, might even get a spot next year.
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:25 AM   #14
Jack 34pu

Great seeing you and Alice at Hershey. I had only a one day visit this year and saw only a small segment of the affair. Looking forward to next year already. Thanks for the carb mods and checks in the mail so to speak. Please know you always have a place to stay in central PA when needed.
Jack 34pu is offline   Reply With Quote