Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
JohnRAKerr

Default Barn Find In Canada - 1930/31 Model A Coupe

I am new to the forums here at Ford Barn and I will be looking for insight for quite a while as I restore a 1930/31 Model A Coupe that I just recently picked up.

First things first, I am no mechanic and I have no experience in restoring a vehicle, I simply love riding around in a Model A. I have been involved with a family that has 5 Model A's, 4 of which have been fully restored by themselves, and I decided that now is the perfect time for myself to get my own and learn as much as I can.

I picked up a 1930 Coupe from a man who has had it sitting in his barn for nearly 40 years. I feel that it is a perfect starting point (see pictures). It is completely original and really is in great shape. The body is very solid and everything is there. The engine has not run since the late 90's.

Luckily I have experienced family and friends, one of which is a regular on these forums, Bogdonj, who are going to help me every step of the way during this restoration, and I will learn a lot from them. But I will still be looking for help on these forums as I will need all the help I can get, so I am all ears.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Coupe 1.jpg (22.7 KB, 569 views)
File Type: jpg Coupe 2.jpg (24.6 KB, 576 views)
File Type: jpg Coupe 3.jpg (23.2 KB, 556 views)
JohnRAKerr is offline   Reply With Quote