Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-23-2017, 08:51 PM   #1
klawockvet

Default 47 Ford Tudor

City: Inyokern
State: CA
Price: 13000

1947 Ford Tudor.

I purchased this car from a man who restored it some years back. I believe he owned it for close to 30 years. When I purchased the car in early 2015 it was my intention to use it for touring until I finished my 40 Ford. Now that the 40 is running and I have a new project I need the space more than I need the car. I believe these old cars need to be driven and I drive it at least once a week long enough to keep the seals lubricated and working. I have driven the car up and down the west coast and into Canada. This car was restored from a solid survivor. It’s not a pieced together junker that was cosmetically restored to turn a quick buck. The car comfortably cruises at 60 to 65 and wants to creep past that. It stops and handles well. Since buying the car I installed duals with glass pack mufflers. Other than that and an auxiliary electric fuel pump, the car is stock. The previous owner told me over the phone that it was not a show car but I believe he did say he placed in the touring class of several national meets. The car draws attention wherever I go and it shows well at the local cruises and show and shines. This is a car you can take the family and go as far as your heart desires.

The interior is a correct reproduction from Lebaron Bonney. I recently purchased a rebuilt radio. The heater and defroster work as do the windshield wipers. The trunk has been restored as well and includes a spare tire and wheel.

The exterior is clean and rust free. I have not seen any indication of previous accidents or rust repair. The paint is the correct original color and shows well but is not perfect. The original color still shows in the trunk and door jams. The glass is good and all windows operate. The car comes with white wall bias tires but I have a set of new chrome wheels and radials that could be purchased separately. Pictures show the car with both sets of wheels for comparison. Both sets of tires and wheels have a matching spare.

I am not an expert on the authenticity of old Ford automobiles and don’t want to represent myself as one. However, this car looks like a very authentic original car to me and any of the general public who has seen it. This is a car you can fly or drive in and drive home.

If, God forbid, someone wants to purchase this car without the great and correct 59AB flathead. I will sell the car without the engine and transmission for 11,000 and will include a good running 302 with an AOD. The engine and transmission came out of my 40 and ran perfectly when pulled so that I could take the 40 in another direction.

I tried to post pictures but got an error message.

Call Dave at 907 209 8881 or PM me for more information and/or pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2343.jpg (111.6 KB, 326 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2342.jpg (62.2 KB, 323 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2338.jpg (48.5 KB, 309 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1737.jpg (83.3 KB, 334 views)

Last edited by klawockvet; 01-06-2018 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Correct the title
klawockvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:40 AM   #2
klawockvet

Default Re: 47 Tudor

Still for sale. Delivery is a possibility. Call me and we can talk about it.
Old 01-06-2018, 10:30 AM   #3
klawockvet

Btt
Old 01-30-2018, 08:48 AM   #4
klawockvet

Still for sale but I go hot and cold on how much of a hurry I'm in. This is a great driver but I have too many cars.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:29 AM   #5
klawockvet

Possible trade with cash
Old 04-03-2018, 10:03 AM   #6
klawockvet

Lowered price to 12500 and will possibly deliver to western US or Canada. Its ready to drive anywhere.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:02 PM   #7
klawockvet

This post needs to be edited. The price is now 14000 with the possibility of a trade for a 40/41 Pick up or a 53-55 pickup
Old 04-22-2019, 08:13 AM   #8
klawockvet

I'm unable to edit any of the posts. The price of the car is 11500.00 This is a nice car that needs a new home as I have too many cars to take care of in my old age. The car is in Kanab Utah. It runs and drives and I still have no fear of heading out on a long trip.
Old 06-02-2019, 06:49 PM   #9
klawockvet

Still for sale. Lots of people say they are interested but nothing but low ball offers. I really need the space and am willing to take below the Hagerty price guide. This is a nice car ready to drive anywhere. Still looks the same as the pictures originally loaded. Just had it detailed. Its ready to go for summer cruising.Hard to believe the market for 47 Fords has had the bottom fall out. I havent seen a car as nice as this in the three years I have had it for sale. Call or text 907 209 8881
Old 04-17-2020, 07:32 PM   #10
klawockvet

4/15/2020 Car is still for sale. I have repaired the windshield wipers and have installed the radio. It was rebuilt but I believe the polarity is wrong and it is still not working. I have another rebuilt radio that goes with it. I have lowered the price to 10,000. I have not seen another 46-48 in this condition for anywhere near this price. Come look and drive it home.