Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2019, 06:24 PM   #1
AllenV

Default '55 F100 new project, new member

I thought I'd stop lurking and introduce myself and my adopted F100. She is a 1955 F100 I recently acquired from gentleman in northern New Mexico. As a result of an uncertain past I have been researching what I have and benefiting greatly by the collected expertise in this forum. My aim is to restore her to a driver in a condition more-or-less true to what Ford built. What I know right now is that the motor was swapped out in favor of a later 292. the block casting is EDB 6015E. Carburation is Ford 2100, C3TF-H. The power plant looks to be attached to a T98 transmission. I am in-process with installing new distributor from FBO Systems. This has Pertronix innards and vacuum advance. (Kudos to the threads on "ported vacuum".) Then it's on to replacing the front springs as both are broken. And new wheels and tires all round. At that point She ought to move under her own power and I'll take some time to get to know her.

I am sure to be bugging the forum for advice. Any thoughts/suggestion are welcome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NellieOutsideReduced.jpg (46.2 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg NellieInsideReduced.jpg (53.2 KB, 72 views)
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...o-project.html
AllenV is offline   Reply With Quote