Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #21
bobv

Default Re: Update On Mac's Shipping

I too smell the rat. I now order from Little Deerborn, parts arrive the next day.
bobv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #22
John Kennedy

As a side note: Like as in other cities, we here in TUCSON are losing our mail processing center, adding an extra day for everything. Some of you may be experiencing delays caused by USPS.
Just saying....
Old 03-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #23
46woodie

just some common sense in shipping dept's at all the warehouse would be an improvement. If all I need is a $5 gasket then I should be able to get that gasket sent in a $1.50 envelope. NOT a box filled with peanuts or newspaper and a $7 shipping fee! this happens everywhere you buy parts. Great experience with Speedway motors though,they were going to ship 2 small items via UPS for over $9,I asked them to try $5 priority mail. Instead they offered Speedy Delivery service for a little over $5 .I guess you just have to ask for options.I'll shop there in future.
46woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:27 PM   #24
Fred A

Default More Mindless Testimonials!

No surprise that the heat is on up in New York, but how tough can it be to step lively when Randy Mac gets back from playing golf. I noticed that recent commentaries got over three thousand hits. That should put a littled spring in their step. All along my main complaint has been that they have some policies where the customer's interests are secondary to their own paranoid fear of getting stiffed by some scammer making claims that their poor accounting can't confirm or deny. Too many variables in the shipping except where they confirm that they hold certain orders back while Mac's get their act together. For me, in short, no more gift certificates that puts them into severe overload. therefore long, unwarranted delays. To each his own, even those that actually got their parts in proper time. Horray for them! Good Luck: Fred A
Fred A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #25
no6

I'm not happy with Mac at all, I ordered parts last week, nothing yet, I can order from Snyders and always get the next day. I live in Pa and border both states so what is the problem. To make matters worse I ordered parts from Speedway and have gotten them 2 days ago and one of the parts was from Mac. Maybe I should order my Mac parts from Speedway, at least they will get here sooner.
no6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #26
Pete/Ct.

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I deal with Spadaro, never any problems and very helpful. Pete/Ct
Pete/Ct. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:27 AM   #27
no6

I can't understand why so many on here are so passive about Mac, I just called them about my order which was placed the 23rd. Customer service asked me all of my info and confirmed my phone # and email address. He said that they were waiting on a radio knob before shipping, a radio knob? I am holding up the machine shop waiting on parts from Mac and they cannot email or phone me about a radio knob? I am usually very patient about such things but this is crazy. I informed him that it is on the web about Macs isssues and that it would be my last purchase from them, I can get things faster from California than Mac one State away. Anyway I am just venting.
no6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #28
GreenMonster48

Just called to follow up with them on an order I placed a few days ago. After being on hold a few minutes I found out a part I ordered was out of stock and the guy said "we weren't sure what you wanted to do". They had my phone number and could have called me. Ended up cancelling the order. This isn't my first issue with them either.
GreenMonster48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:30 PM   #29
Jim in Mass

Ordered a part last Friday & confirmed it was in stock. Received email this Wednesday with shipping information. While I appreciate the emailed shipping information, 3 days to ship 1 in stock part isn't impressive.

Jim
Jim in Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:58 PM   #30
uncle buck

From what I have read here I think I will shop elsewhere.
uncle buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:44 AM   #31
cwh

I ordered from them again last Friday first thing in the am. This order I decided not to pay the rush fee, just to see what happens. I called yesterday to see the status of the order and it was "boxed up" and headed out the door. Today I got my shipped status email. Mac's just lost yet another customer.

cwh
cwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #32
jack orchard

I try to plan a little bit ahead. I try to remember this is a hobby for me. Others have more urgent needs. I am pleased with the parts and 1-2 weeks is OK.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #33
HotRodmicky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack orchard View Post
I try to plan a little bit ahead. I try to remember this is a hobby for me. Others have more urgent needs. I am pleased with the parts and 1-2 weeks is OK.
agreed!
HotRodmicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #34
Scott H

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack orchard View Post
This is totally unacceptable!
If a company can't anticipate my needs and ship the parts at least 3 days before I order them....wait, what?

Yep, I've got plenty of things to do on my truck. If I order something for the front end and it takes a week or two to get here I'll just work on something else, like the engine, to keep forward progress on the project.
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #35
gmc1941

I like to plan ahead on parts I need, so when the time is right, I have all my ducks in order and not finding out that the wrong part is shipped and or that all of a sudden it's on back order after waiting or having to pay a premium to have it shipped a reasonable time. It's a shame the way their treating there customer. Customers are lost so easily with the thinking they have you by the balls.

Nothing in life is to be feared; it is only to be understood.
gmc1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #36
cwh

I can spend my money anywhere. I'd rather not support a company that won't be straight with me. I don't buy from summit racing for the same reason.
cwh is offline   Reply With Quote