Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-06-2020, 11:00 PM   #21
Daves55Sedan

Default Re: idle adjusting needles

The carb kit in the second photo is the one that will work for the 1956 Ford Holley 2110. But I would NOT buy it. The rubber parts are a million years old and not suitable for use with ethanol gas. You might have problems very quickly with this kit.
If worse comes to worse, order a kit from Daytona Parts, or Dicks Hot Rod carbs. they are new materials suitable for use with ethanol. Most of the repro parts suppliers carry these kits also.
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 11:09 PM   #22
Daves55Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNNN View Post
I find that my idle mixture screw adjustment requirements can change with the weather.
The last Ford my Grandpa had was a '51. He said they are too temperamental. He complained about starting and rough idle issues at times.
They lived in a low lying area where the morning dew gets really thick and if you go out and open up your hood and look at the distributor cap it is dripping wet. Gee, any car with points and rotor is going to perform lousy when soaking wet. We have the same problem here, so I got a tube of hi-dielectric silicone compound and spread it on the inside of the tower sockets and a little on the point contacts to combat the condensation. It is pretty effective. Ever pull a spark plug wire out of the top of the dizzy cap and notice that the wire terminal is corroded green? that is because of condensation which occurs during temperature changes between afternoon and evening and between nighttime and daylight. Everything sweats.
Daves55Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 06-07-2020, 07:41 AM   #23
56yblock

i don't put ethanol gas, i use some sans plomb 98 ( sp 98 ) it's european gas without ethanol or not much..
yes i saw there's are two different kit one for 56 and other for 57 i hope it's will fit....
56yblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 04:47 AM   #24
56yblock

hello guys i've rebuild again my carb with this kit, the car starts and run better , and i don't have leaks , i've run near 250 kms with it, the gaskets are best quality....
56yblock is offline   Reply With Quote