Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-25-2022, 10:10 AM   #1
tommyleea

Default vent window handle

53 Ford Ranchwagon vent window handle repair kit. I received the repair kit, and removed the old rivets, and vent handle mount area. Three new rivets came in the kit. They are very small rivets. It seems like I could just take a punch, and flatten them out. Any advice on installing these rivets? Do I need a special tool for the rivets? Thanks for any help. Tommy..
tommyleea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 12:05 PM   #2
deuce_roadster

Default Re: vent window handle

I would think once the glass and rubber were out you could do this fairly easily but with another person to hold everything while installing the new rivets. If you have a welding table maybe holding the frame so the bottom was on some solid steel backing up the rivets and the person with a hammer and punch could flatten the 3 new rivets while the other person held the frame vertical and still. That is what I would investigate. Then put new rubber and the glass back in.
deuce_roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 03:11 PM   #3
tommyleea

Default Re: vent window handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce_roadster View Post
I would think once the glass and rubber were out you could do this fairly easily but with another person to hold everything while installing the new rivets. If you have a welding table maybe holding the frame so the bottom was on some solid steel backing up the rivets and the person with a hammer and punch could flatten the 3 new rivets while the other person held the frame vertical and still. That is what I would investigate. Then put new rubber and the glass back in.
That sounds like a plan..Thanks
tommyleea is offline   Reply With Quote