Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-03-2016, 10:48 AM   #41
Bulligen

Default Re: Can Mice Really Get Into A Sedan or Coupe?

Always put a piece of steel wool in you tail pipe, as they will travel all the way through an open valve and make a nest in your cylinder ! I have see it !!
Bulligen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:10 PM   #42
Jeff/Illinois

Maine Coon cats are the best mousers!! Get one you won't be sorry! Plus they think they are a dog, and act like one.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...hoto/480164293
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:50 PM   #43
Nabco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
Maine Coon cats are the best mousers!! Get one you won't be sorry! Plus they think they are a dog, and act like one.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...hoto/480164293
Gotta disagree with you Jeff, the Savannah is the best hunter, that's why they are banned in several states, I have two of them, Google them and you will see why.
Old 11-03-2016, 10:29 PM   #44
DougVieyra

After 3 years in space - Dr. Zarkov found mice in the Space Ship's food locker. He asked Flash Gordon if he had ever had any problems with mice in any of his earlier Space Explorations. Flash Gordon said, even though there are strict rules, laws, ordinances, etc. specifically prohibiting mice from boarding Space Ships - it was still a very common occurrence.

It is a well known fact that with the earth's moon being made of cheese, scientists now believe beyond a doubt, that the craters on the moon were made by mice !

Mice are everywhere, and can go anywhere and everywhere - and WITHOUT a passport or visa !

Our Ford Model A's are NOT IMMUNE from this cosmic oddity.
DougVieyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 09:32 AM   #45
Jeff/Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabco View Post
Gotta disagree with you Jeff, the Savannah is the best hunter, that's why they are banned in several states, I have two of them, Google them and you will see why.
Wow Nabco I see what you mean!!! Neat cat!! I didn't know about them. Now if they knew how to start your Model A THAT would be a danger to the car in itself, them little buggers driving around in your Model A Ford.............
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 10:06 AM   #46
Nabco

Quote:
Wow Nabco I see what you mean!!! Neat cat!! I didn't know about them. Now if they knew how to start your Model A THAT would be a danger to the car in itself, them little buggers driving around in your Model A Ford.............
Our Savannah's are totally indoor cats but I do let them out in the garage occasionally...like someone else said just the smell of a cat will keep mice away.

I have a log home in the mountains and they have caught a mouse or two there that I know about, if they catch one there will not be anything left of it when they are done with it.....it's like a snack for them
Old 11-04-2016, 02:31 PM   #47
40 Deluxe

Quote:
They like dark places, love to hide.

You should see the damage they do to a Combine...... big bucks replacing all the wiring they chew up and all. There is always some grain left over in the tailings housing, clean grain elevator, (I've seen them eat away the rubber paddles), down in the grain tank, feeder house..... they have a field day in there along with rats. And they still get into the cabs and poop and pee and die and eat up upholstery in there
Reminds me of a story told by friend who is a farm equipment mechanic in western Iowa. A combine would not start although it ran fine at the end f the last season. Engine would not turn over. Finally he pulled the head and one cylinder was full of corn kernels. Now, why would a mouse crawl through a sooty exhaust pipe into a pitch black, cold metal space to store its food?! How did it find the space in the first place, and then return repeatedly?
40 Deluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:37 PM   #48
leo

OMG I've created a monster post!!!
leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 04:38 PM   #49
Capt Quahog

Location: Barren windswept mountain somewhere in bleak Northeastern Pennsylvania

Never underestimate the power and cunning of the common MOUSE!

The MOUSE has super-natural abilities so to sneak into, occupy and otherwise destroy the most sealed and secure places.

Years ago, I had a lady friend who lived in a large Victorian house in FALL RIVER, Massachusetts. Sitting in a top floor den one night, she noticed that one wall seemed to be glowing with a dull orange. Thinking that her eyes were playing tricks, the woman walked over to wall and placed her hand upon it. The wall was hot! Stepping back a few paces, she was about to grab the telephone just as the entire wall com-busted into flames. Fleeing down the stairs to outside, from the street she watched in horror as her ornately beautiful old home was quickly consumed by fire.

Upon later examination, it was determined that MICE had chewed off the insulation from the electrical wiring inside the wall causing numerous short circuits. It was figured that fire had smoldered within for some time before going to flame.

For what it's worth . . . MICE hate moth balls.

The Common MOUSE