Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-08-2013, 12:12 AM   #1
P.S.

Default Who was in the group of Model As on highway 88 in California today??

Saw a group of Model As east bound on highway 88 between Stockton and Lockeford around 12:45 this afternoon (April 7th). Due to traffic, etc. I ended up behind what I think was the lead car for a while. It was a 30/31 coupe with Texas license plates. The group also included a woody station wagon. Who was this club?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ModelAonhwy88.jpg (54.5 KB, 99 views)
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
callcoy

Default Re: Who was in the group of Model As on highway 88 in California today??

There was a MAFCA Central Calif. Regional meet in Visalia (between Bakersfield and Fresno) that ran Friday and Sat. That group may have been the Hangtown A's returning to Plaserville, there would have been a Station Wagon with the club name on the doors and a Deluxe Delivery maybe 10 - 12 cars other cars in the group.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:47 PM   #3
glenn in camino

Default Re: Who was in the group of Model As on highway 88 in California today??

It was the Hangtown As returning to Placerville, Ca. from the Central California Regional meet. The woody is Bud Powell and the coupe is Wendy Ogdon. My green deluxe delivery was in the middle of the tour.
glenn in camino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #4
P.S.

Excellent! Thanks Glenn.

I was the white utility body truck that was in the middle of you guys for a while.

Unfortunately, there's no cool way of telling a group of Model As that you are also a Model A owner, just currently trapped in a modern vehicle.

We need to invent a "secret honk" or something.

Anyway, the coupe pulled off the side of the road just before highway 12, and I continued. I stopped for fuel in Lockeford and waited for the group to come by, but never saw them again. You guys must have taken a different route.

That delux delivery was sweet.
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:16 PM   #5
PO51

Lets all install 12 V "Ahooga" horns on our modern cars then we can have some real fun!
PO51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:36 PM   #6
james hitchcock

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I was there in Visalia Saturday drooling over the great turn out of A's. I first looked them over Saturday morning at about 7am ,then came back around 2 pm to look again. Each and every car was my favorite.
james hitchcock is offline   Reply With Quote