Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-07-2022, 07:10 PM   #61
PeteVS

Default Re: Hershey

My original plan was to go a bit later on Monday and try to get a room to come home on Tuesday. Rain killed thet plan. Tuesday into Wednesday plan died too. Then, Wednesday into Thursday died with the thought of mud in the parking lots. Wound up I got a VERY early start Thursday, found my rim, found some more generic stuff I wanted (that worked well) and left to come home around 1:00 PM the day I got there. So I accounted for only a few man hours traipsing through the Green, Red, Orange and Chocolate fields.
Old 10-09-2022, 06:26 AM   #62
ms fowler

It wouldn't be "Hershey" is it didn't rain at least a little. Tuesday as wet. I spent a few hours mostly on the chocolate fields--visited and talked with every vendor i saw who was open for business--moral support if nothing else.
I have been going since 1965--almost every year--kind of an old car pilgrimage to Mecca. Lots of great memories, but this may have been my last. I camp with a couple of friends over across from the Derry American Legion--it is cheaper and the $$ goes to a good cause. But this year one friend couldn't come at all due to his doctor appointments, and the other came only for 2 days--his wife is recovering from cancer surgery and beginning chemo--priorities change.
Plus the American legion has sold the property and rumors are it will be developed.
Life goes on--I will still do Carlisle. Maybe we will change the annual Hershey camping trip to an annual trip to visit some car museums--ACD, or the Henry Ford-and others.
ms fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 06:57 PM   #63
russcc

This was another weird one with rain off & on set up day Monday Tuesday pretty much rained out, Wed. some rain in the AM, good in the afternoon when the buyers emerged, and Thurs. was sunny and hot. It looked like the weather forecast kept a lot of folks away. Quite a few vacant spaces.
russcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 02:15 PM   #64
my2nd40

Hershey overall was a disappointment for me. The first 3 days were rain, hard at times and the vendors were all covered up or not there at all. I did enjoy visiting with my old friends.
Thursday was great weather but I just wasn’t able to find most of the items I was there for. And my day was marred by a vendor screaming at me that I was running over his “rare” parts laying on the pavement as I was trying to pick up some bulky large items from a nearby space. I didn’t run over anything but he just wouldn’t shut up and made quite an unnecessary and embarrassing scene.
Next year will be 30 for me, let’s hope for better weather.
my2nd40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 03:06 PM   #65
slowforty

Well I got thrown out Wednesday for parking in the wrong spot, Which is 90 per cent of Hershey, They covered my windshield sticker with another sticker but it peeled off so you can guess what i did,
Also on a Sad note a friend of a friend died on Monday in one of the
Portable Toilets.
slowforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 05:35 PM   #66
my2nd40

I heard that someone passed away at the show. Sorry to hear for your friend.
my2nd40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 06:14 PM   #67
35fordtn

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2nd40 View Post
Hershey overall was a disappointment for me. The first 3 days were rain, hard at times and the vendors were all covered up or not there at all. I did enjoy visiting with my old friends.
Thursday was great weather but I just wasn’t able to find most of the items I was there for. And my day was marred by a vendor screaming at me that I was running over his “rare” parts laying on the pavement as I was trying to pick up some bulky large items from a nearby space. I didn’t run over anything but he just wouldn’t shut up and made quite an unnecessary and embarrassing scene.
Next year will be 30 for me, let’s hope for better weather.
Your day was marred by a helper at a vendor's spot and for that I am sorry.. honestly
35fordtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 06:34 PM   #68
russcc

The '34 Tudor was not for sale. Very nice, what looked like an original car, nice interior.
russcc is offline   Reply With Quote