Go Back   The Ford Barn > To The Editors > The Test Forum

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
heavyhaul07

Default new guy

hello I'm new here to the barn been on the hamb for a bit now. i am starting to get into the hot rod scene from my vw scene that i was into for quite some time. i know this isn't a hot rod site, that this is geared for the restoration and preservation side of it so please don't come to conclusions that I'm not saposed to be here, but i do enjoy stock and restored cars. i just purchased a 1931 5 window coupe a few months ago and have been enjoying driving it in its stock glory. its a blast to drive but i did buy it to build it into a rod.

my problem.
when i bought the car it was a conglomeration of 28-31, front fenders and splash apron 28-29, rear bumpers 28-29 body hood rad shell 30-31, engine 30-31 frame 30-31.

ok so a friend and i have been disassembling the car got the body off sitting on a body roller found the frame #s and they match the motor #'s. is that a good thing like it is for muscle cars to have matching #'s. or does it not matter so much with model a's, like I've been told.

so if it does matter and some one wants a matching #'s frame and motor for a restoration ill sell it to keep them together if not apart she will come.
i will be posting an add in the swap meet area in the next day or 2 if interested in the combo before add goes on e-mail me and ill send pics. the frame is solid no rust straight, found in a barn here in so-cal by the person i got it from.

e-mail is [email protected]

if no one wants it in a couple of weeks its coming apart to start building.

mark
heavyhaul07 is offline   Reply With Quote