Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-21-2012, 09:41 AM   #21
philmigliore

Default Re: Eddie Meyer heads

Also another dead give away would be if the non machined area in the combustion area is a dark grey similar to johns heads. When the heads are heat treated to t-6 hardness they turn that dark grey color. I don't believe the originals were heat treated.
philmigliore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #22
Doodlrodz

Thanks Phil, the gentleman I bought them from said he bought them years ago as nos. and paid more than what he asked for them but he very well could have been duped also who knows. The combustion chambers are gray but seem to be a much lighter gray than John's picture, of course that could be just the pic. From all the input I've heard so far there isn't any real defining mark or stamp to let you know for sure which heads are which. The bolt holes being drilled a little off center, dark combustion chambers, and roughly finished fins around the water pump housing can give doubts but I was hoping to find something that would let people tell the difference right away without doubt. It really doesn't matter to me which I have, I'm very happy to have them either way, just thought this would be educational for us all. Thanks to everyone who has replied so far and hope more will add their thoughts.
Doodlrodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 01-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #23
JM 35 Sedan

My heads have AP & SF W8 cast in the underside of the water pump mounting flanges. Just wondering if this would also be on the original and other known examples of Orosco repros?

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #24
Doodlrodz

John, I've talked with a guy running the originals and he said they do have the same letters on the underside of the water pump flanges.
Doodlrodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:06 PM   #25
philmigliore

It's a nice find no matter what! It's all for fun.
philmigliore is offline   Reply With Quote