Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-19-2024, 07:56 PM   #1
Ian Conway

Default 47 Jailbar wooden cab mounts

We are getting started on a Jailbar resto/mod project here. Putting a 47 cab and front end onto a 2005 ford Courier Chassis and running gear. 4L V6 , Similar to the Explorer V6 with a 5 speed automatic tranny. Using all the running gear/electrics etc.
We're after the measurements/ dimensions for the cab mounting blocks please?
I believe that there may be a thread on here covering this but I'm darned if I can find it! Any help apreciated.
Ian Conway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 07:53 AM   #2
GB SISSON

Default Re: 47 Jailbar wooden cab mounts

A few years ago I mounted a factory ford cowl (same front wedge mounts as cab) to a toyota landcruiser chassis. I recall the wood wedges didn't work well so I made up a somewhat wedge shaped mount from steel and put a piece of 1/2" rubber conveyor belt on top and ran a bolt through. Before I set this rubber onto my steel wedge I put a thick layer of sikaflex polyurethane marine sealant under it and set the cab (cowl) in place without tightening the bolts and let it sit overnight, thus ensuring conformity in all directions. I have since been told there are a bunch of facebook groups dedicated to body/chassis swaps with many brave souls not afraid to try anything. You might check in there as we are for the most part dedicated to keeping our fords as Henry and the boys designed them. Good luck with your swap.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 01:14 PM   #3
Ian Conway

Smile Re: 47 Jailbar wooden cab mounts

Thanks GB Sisson, I probably should have made it a little clearer, what we are doing initially is to mount the cab on an original Jailbar chassis to confirm that all the body parts fit correctly. Thus the need for original mounts at this stage. I will try the Facebook pages as well tho. What a cool collection you have! Cheers!
Ian Conway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 06:52 AM   #4
burnette

Default Re: 47 Jailbar wooden cab mounts

hi take a look on ford truck enthuist forums in 1947 and older . i just done a search and theres alot of information . i will bring one tread back on top of the list .
burnette is offline   Reply With Quote