Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-23-2020, 02:29 PM   #1
bird

Default 1935 ford pickup emergency brake through floor assembly

does anyone make an adaptor to attach the handle assembly to the T5 transmission I have in the truck, the truck has a 59ab 1948 ford flathead bird
bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 05:47 PM   #2
my4dv8

Default Re: 1935 ford pickup emergency brake through floor assembly

A short length of angle steel and two small steel spacers . bolt the angle to the top and find a suitable location on the vertical face for the two spacers and e brake . Lokar has a decent universal cable kit.
This is a nifty little bracket that lime works make for $24 .
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C43256A3-0829-416F-9F1B-73B928F9E736.jpeg (60.3 KB, 1 views)
my4dv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 05:26 PM   #3
bird

Thanks for your reply, I saw the part from lime works, the pictures show the bracket being mounted on two of the four bolts on the top right side of the shifter at the top of the T 5 shifter box, when I set the 1935 emergency brake mechanism on the spot indicated in the picture its about 2" beside the shifter and sits way to high not even close to the transmission floor cover cut out hole. obviously emerg. brake mechanism would have to be 4-6" lower and 3-5 " forward towards the motor I don't think its meant for a t5 from a chevy s10 where the shift box is located closer to original location a t5 from a ford mustang for example is located at the tail end of its transmission. Bob Drake uses the Chevy t5 in his ford "Roadster 36" article, I left a message on his face book page asking how he mounted the emergency brake but no reply as yet, caused by covid - 19 ? maybe easier to find a metal fabrication shop. again thanks bird
Old 04-25-2020, 01:38 AM   #4
deuce lover

When I put a T5 in my '36 coupe I made a bracket that mounted to the frame in the same general location and then I bolted the orig E brake to it.In those frames(35 up with a T5) there is not a lot of room to work with.To me better than mounting to the trans - no shaking.Sorry I don't have pics but here is a pic of the interior and you can see the E brake location.

Last edited by deuce lover; 04-25-2020 at 01:43 AM.
deuce lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 09:03 AM   #5
bird

Thanks, that's the location I'm looking for, your right, I'll make a bracket and attach it to the frame for more support. I know it's a very popular idea to put a Chevy T5 in a Ford with the flathead V8, I thought by now some parts business would be selling a manufactured bracket, most likely just cheaper making my own MERCI bird