Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-09-2022, 05:55 PM   #1
delco1946

Default CVA annual meet 2022

Anybody been to the Crown Victoria Association annual meet? What's it like, is it worth it/fun? I need some trim parts but are basically specific to one trim line, of one model, of one year so I have yet to find them . Are the are lot of parts to be had if I go? It wouldn't be cheap to fly out from Oregon and then stay in a hotel for up to a week, but if it gets me what I need then so be it.

I was also looking forward to exploring Memphis (never been) but after checking it out in google maps it doesn't look like the coolest/most-fun city to be a tourist in either....downtown looks kinda empty despite all the history.

I'm 36 so not swinging from the chandeliers any more, but I still love exploring the town and any night life!
delco1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 07:47 PM   #2
paul2748

Default Re: CVA annual meet 2022

If your into 50's music including jazz, there is Beale Street, Elvis's Graceland, Elvis Museum, and 50's Rock and Roll studio where Elvis, Johnny Cash and others got their start and a guitar museum (can't remember the brand. As far as nightlife, can't help there.

As far as parts at the CVA show, the one time I went to a CVA convention (Amherst, NY) the swap meet was okay, but nothing real big as far as # of vendors.
paul2748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 09:35 AM   #3
KULTULZ

Question Re: CVA annual meet 2022

Quote:
I need some trim parts but are basically specific to one trim line, of one model, of one year so I have yet to find them
What are you looking for?
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:20 PM   #4
delco1946

Quote:
Originally Posted by KULTULZ View Post
What are you looking for?
I could take some pics to post, but until then (car is parked elsewhere - I swear i'm not that lazy!):

I need a horn ring with the power steering or braking printed on it (can't ever remember which it is). I have one but its cracked where the semi circle portion joins the center support (only thing holding it is tape).

I also need the stainless trim that goes under the arm rest (can't remember which side). From what i can tell, this trim piece is only found on the Crown Vic and maybe the Victoria - not on the custom lines or mainlines from what i've seen.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:03 PM   #5
paul2748

I suggest you get your pics and a better description of what you want together and post in the Wanted section
paul2748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 07:22 PM   #6
KULTULZ

Arrow Re: CVA annual meet 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by delco1946 View Post

I could take some pics to post, but until then (car is parked elsewhere - I swear i'm not that lazy!):

I need a horn ring with the power steering or braking printed on it (can't ever remember which it is). I have one but its cracked where the semi circle portion joins the center support (only thing holding it is tape).

I also need the stainless trim that goes under the arm rest (can't remember which side). From what i can tell, this trim piece is only found on the Crown Vic and maybe the Victoria - not on the custom lines or mainlines from what i've seen.
Is this the horn ring - 1955 FORD PS -

https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/car...ing-with-power

The TRIM PANEL MLDG is B5A 7600942-B (RH) and B5A 7600943-B (LH) if you need that PN(s) at a PARTS SWAP.

The MLDGS fit the CROWN (64 & 64B) and CONV.

We should have a contest. The player has to start at the very last post of a thread & then try to guess what the OP's original question was about ...
Old 05-11-2022, 05:15 AM   #7
mercman from oz

Crown Victoria Association 43rd Annual Convention - July 24-29, 2022
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 05:19 AM   #8
mercman from oz

Crown Victoria Association Banner
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 02:01 PM   #9
delco1946

Thanks for those part numbers!

And that's the horn ring - I might bite the bullet and get that and just hold on to my damaged original. I am curious about how folks feel about original versus aftermarket?

This car is mostly original from what I can tell aside from the carpet and headliner (and tires ), so i've been trying to get NOS or nice condition original parts....but some friends would say i'm eccentric especially when it comes to keeping things original. That being said Dennis Carpenter does make qualify aftermarket parts from my experience...
Old 05-11-2022, 02:48 PM   #10
dmsfrr

Quote:

And that's the horn ring - I might bite the bullet and get that and just hold on to my damaged original. I am curious about how folks feel about original versus aftermarket?

This car is mostly original from what I can tell aside from the carpet and headliner (and tires ), so i've been trying to get NOS or nice condition original parts....but some friends would say i'm eccentric especially when it comes to keeping things original. That being said Dennis Carpenter does make qualify aftermarket parts from my experience...
I'm fairly sure they make some of their parts? But many are likely off-shore parts, unless the packaging specifically says: Made in the USA.
I prefer the quality of lightly used original or NOS parts as well.
dmsfrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 04:55 PM   #11
KULTULZ

That horn ring is a FORD AUTHORIZED REPRO off original tooling.

If you want NOS, the PN is B5AZ 13A805-D

BTW -

There are services that can repair pot metal but then would have to pay for chroming.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AVATAR - FORD LICENSED PRODUCT.jpg (14.2 KB, 1 views)

We should have a contest. The player has to start at the very last post of a thread & then try to guess what the OP's original question was about ...
Old 05-11-2022, 04:58 PM   #12
KULTULZ

Thumbs up Re: CVA annual meet 2022

Quote:

You are quite welcome ...

Quote:
... but some friends would say i'm eccentric especially when it comes to keeping things original.
No, I would say you want the car as assembled. Nothing wrong with that (IMO).

Old 05-12-2022, 05:48 AM   #13
KULTULZ

Does everyone understand what a FORD LICENSED RESTORATION PART actually is?

Quote:
Dennis Carpenter Ford Restorations began manufacturing and selling rubber seals, rubber bumpers, die cast chrome parts and metal stamped parts.

In 1998 Ford granted them the honor to use the original Ford factory tooling for many parts that they now manufacture. Today they have over 160 employees at their facility making and selling quality Ford parts. They now have 12 plastic injection molding machines, a rubber extruding operation, 54 rubber molding machines, 48 metal stamping presses, 2 zinc die casting machines, 3 roller mills and many other specialty machines for making quality parts in America.
SOURCE - https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/

Old 05-12-2022, 10:24 AM   #14
dmsfrr

Quote:
Does everyone understand what a FORD LICENSED RESTORATION PART actually is?

Dennis Carpenter Ford Restorations began manufacturing and selling rubber seals, rubber bumpers, die cast chrome parts and metal stamped parts.

In 1998 Ford granted them the honor to use the original Ford factory tooling for many parts that they now manufacture. Today they have over 160 employees at their facility making and selling quality Ford parts. They now have 12 plastic injection molding machines, a rubber extruding operation, 54 rubber molding machines, 48 metal stamping presses, 2 zinc die casting machines, 3 roller mills and many other specialty machines for making quality parts in America.

SOURCE - https://www.dennis-carpenter.com/
Thank you,
I was not aware and must have been living under a rock for the last several decades.
Old 05-12-2022, 10:43 AM   #15
KULTULZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmsfrr View Post

Thank you,

I was not aware and must have been living under a rock for the last several decades.
Nah, you're alright. I thought detailers such as yourself was aware of this. And there are several others than CARPENTERS..

Old 05-12-2022, 02:35 PM   #16
dmsfrr

Quote:
Nah, you're alright. I thought detailers such as yourself was aware of this. And there are several others than CARPENTERS..
I haven't been looking for parts for decades like most other folks(?) and must have been concentrating on finding good used original parts for the things I needed. I've known the company exists but never looked into their parts offerings. Guess I should broaden my horizons to Ford Authorized reproductions. I'll go check out the Dennis Carpenter website now.... thanks.

Last edited by dmsfrr; 05-12-2022 at 03:37 PM.
Old 05-13-2022, 07:00 AM   #17
Tom in TN

Quote:
I was also looking forward to exploring Memphis (never been) but after checking it out in google maps it doesn't look like the coolest/most-fun city to be a tourist in either....downtown looks kinda empty despite all the history.
Memphis is my hometown, so I know wherein I speak. If you are cruising around the city and find yourself on a street that is a state name (ex Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, etc, etc) GET OUT fast !!! Your health could be severely impacted at any moment.
Also, any 'cruising around the town' should be accompanied by packing the self-defense weapon of your choice. Be it a 12 gauge Mossburg, an 8" Colt 45. or even a 9mm Glock...something...anything!

Just words to the wise...
Tom in TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 07:10 AM   #18
KULTULZ

A BIG 10-4 on Memphis as with any other large metro areas.

Someone asked about Charlotte a few weeks ago and asked what there is to see. Unless you enjoy being in a free-fire zone unarmed, not much to see.