Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2014, 02:27 PM   #1
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default OT: Is a 'themed' shop necessary to a (potential) customer??

As some of you know, I am in the planning process of a new restoration shop facility that would allow us to expand and even become more efficient. I have spoken with two different Architects, and chatted with our 'barner buddy Mr. Henry Chauvin about some of this.

One of my questions that has surfaced in these discussions is what aesthetic design (architecture) does this building truly need to have.

So this is a question I am posing to you ..."pretending" you were looking at a restoration shop to hire. Does the aesthetics of the interior (--or the architectural exterior) of the building influence/affect your decision to choose that shop's services?

So that I am clear, ...many TV shows and website pictures depict some absolutely gorgeous décor inside shops. Many have massive old signs, working neon, era-depicting murals or pictures lining the walls, gas pumps, dealership memorabilia and etc. all to help their occupants feel a mood when they are visiting. Now don't get me wrong, I think some are absolutely stunning however i my mind, these items come with a price tag. Some of these collections of memorabilia are worth major $$, and someone had to pay for it. Kinda like the inside of a Cracker Barrel restaurant. We all know that the décor in that restaurant does not truly make the food taste any better, --but does it help the customer believe it does?

So is this an area I need to be considering adding to the architecture of a new shop, --or is it necessary?

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote