Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 09-27-2015, 11:42 PM   #1
Vics Stuff

Default What is a 34 Vickie complete unrestored worth

I know this question has been asked before , but I am looking at a 1934 Ford Vickie. Unrestored with all great sheet metal even the fenders and floor no rust through. Has a Flathead V8 with 3 speed transmission , complete drive train. Uncut dash but no interior. Window regulators are there . Roof has had a metal panel screwed over where the original insert was.
The seller has owned this car for a while and due to health reasons he must sell this car.
The big question is , with out pics what is this car worth. Does not wear original paint but is in old school primer.
Any ideas would be great.
Vic

Last edited by Vics Stuff; 09-28-2015 at 12:29 AM. Reason: m
Vics Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 12:06 AM   #2
Lanny

Default Re: What is a 34 Vickie complete unrestored worth

Vic, it is near impossible to answer your question with any accuracy.

If you would post as many good quality pictures as possible, and a
very good description of the frame, drive train, floors & sub floors,
interior, grill, good title, parts missing or poor quality, etc, etc, etc

Even with pictures and a very good description, the prices people
will tell you it is worth, will vary greatly, but you might get somewhat
of a ballpark idea of it's value.

Go by your gut-feeling of what it is worth to you....

Last edited by Lanny; 09-28-2015 at 10:25 AM.
Lanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 12:39 AM   #3
Vics Stuff

Lanny ! I would post some pics of the car but at this time I am holding off due to someone may snipe me. This has happened before. The chassis is complete and rolling no major rust anywhere on the car. Sub floors are excellent as I have learned on my 32 3 window body. The grill is original but does need work. Doors close properly as well as the window regulators operate . No seats or interior. Complete uncut dash. This vehicle does roll but not run.
Just curious as what they are worth. If I can not strike a deal on this I will pass the information on to others .
I have seen some on E Bay in street rod form done for $48,000.00 on up
Thanks Vic
Old 09-28-2015, 01:28 AM   #4
Vics Stuff

34fivewindow . The one I am looking at is similar in condition to that one .
Vic

Last edited by Vics Stuff; 09-28-2015 at 04:18 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:56 AM   #5
WRA

I was watching that one as well. Seems it went for $16,750. Last one I saw in the flesh was slightly better than that one. Been sitting for years with a lot of surface rust in the original paint. Matching engine, tranny and clear title. That one went or $21k.

Thats in the ballpark IMO. More than I could afford.
WRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:17 AM   #6
Scott H in Wheaton

Prices in California, the hot rod and custom car mecca, could be greatly different than in Alaska, assuming the one you found is close to home.
Scott H in Wheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:16 AM   #7
rockfla

I would start by asking A) What are your plans for the car? B) "IF" originality is the goal....THEN>>>>>is it the correct flathead for 1934, Aluminum heads or no? C) Are all the Victoria "only" pieces there?? Window garnish moldings? ETC ETC. D) what shape is the grill in, that's ball park $3000 for a repro and or depending $3000+ to chrome plate. So what are your plans for it???
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:08 PM   #8
Ol' Ron

Only as much as your willing to pay for it.
Ol' Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 03:38 PM   #9
V12Bill

Probably about $16,293.18
V12Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 04:16 PM   #10
Vics Stuff

The sad thing is if the vehicle was here in Alaska in that kind of condition , it would only be worth $8,000. Vehicles here do not bring the $$$ like in America .
Really not up to spending $$$ for another project.
Vic
Old 09-28-2015, 04:21 PM   #11
Bulligen

Offer him something, you can always go up from there! 10k sounds good!
Bulligen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:49 PM   #12
roadster36
BANNED

I was looking for a '33/'34 Victoria to build a while back. After I did my homework and looked at the prices for paint, interior, chrome work,materials, etc. I decided to buy one already done. I have not regretted it for one minute. The market and hobby have drastically changed in the last few years. If you are lucky and frugal you will be only be in that car for double what you could have bought a completed car for. Look at the prices on Barrett Jackson, Mecum, etc.and you will see well done cars selling at a huge discount to build cost. I have built a lot of cars over the years and would not even consider doing another ground up project. I have been offered "super" deals on some pretty solid '34's and passed because the numbers are not there. I never did it to make a buck, but knowing you are going to take a bath from the start is not a good motivation, at least for me. Buy one done and go visit your buddies while they are working on their projects. You will be a lot happier.- Dennis
roadster36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:39 PM   #13
Jim in Wisconsin

Regardless of the economics, if no one buys a non-running old Ford and fixes it up, how could there be any for the people who want to buy a completed one?
If the owner isn't up to completing it, and you are and would like to do it - you should!
Something around 10 grand seems reasonable to me. Missing parts are bad, try to get as much stuff as you can. Maybe the seat frames are around his place somewhere?
Jim in Wisconsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:49 PM   #14
Lawson Cox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vics Stuff View Post
The sad thing is if the vehicle was here in Alaska in that kind of condition , it would only be worth $8,000. Vehicles here do not bring the $$$ like in America .
Really not up to spending $$$ for another project.
Vic
What's up Vic? Don't you consider yourself an American? living in America and being in one of the 50 United States of America. You need to stop and think about what you said above. If you are thinking of the 48 contiguous states as being "America" Go back and study your first grade history books.

It is better to be seen, than viewed.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:27 PM   #15
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadster36 View Post
I was looking for a '33/'34 Victoria to build a while back. After I did my homework and looked at the prices for paint, interior, chrome work,materials, etc. I decided to buy one already done. I have not regretted it for one minute. The market and hobby have drastically changed in the last few years. If you are lucky and frugal you will be only be in that car for double what you could have bought a completed car for. Look at the prices on Barrett Jackson, Mecum, etc.and you will see well done cars selling at a huge discount to build cost. I have built a lot of cars over the years and would not even consider doing another ground up project. I have been offered "super" deals on some pretty solid '34's and passed because the numbers are not there. I never did it to make a buck, but knowing you are going to take a bath from the start is not a good motivation, at least for me. Buy one done and go visit your buddies while they are working on their projects. You will be a lot happier.- Dennis
Dennis Very very wise words ! I to have restored cars form the ground up and enjoyed it immensely but the enjoyment was very expensive. Now I tend to buy cars that have been nicely done by others. I still find plenty of small things to do on them after I buy them which keeps me happy with out bankrupting me -Karl
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:54 PM   #16
Ralph Moore

Vic,
There's a 34 Fordor up here, complete, but apart, and painted purple for some unGodly reason. He was asking ten grand about eight years ago....and still is.
Ralph Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 12:28 AM   #17
Vics Stuff

Lawson ! I do consider myself an American but when I always order parts , many of the vendor do not ship to Alaska and I have found many E Bay listings will not even allow us to bid even if I were to use a Minnesota or Nevada address. Go figure.
Roadster34 you are correct in your statement but I think that I am a glutten for punnishment. Always looking for projects to sharpen my building skills. I just sold my 1941 Ford pick up to my best friend for $15,000.00. It was a rotissoried truck 25 years ago. Had a flathead V8 with offenhauser finned heads , offenhauser tri power , fenton cast iron headers and internally gone through with a merc crank.
That was all it was worth here. I had way more in it than that. but learned a lot on that build.
I am going to make an offer on the car in the next few days and see what happens. If not a deal struck i will spend the cash on my 32 3 window projects.
Thanks guys for your input and will report back on the final outcome.
Vic
Old 09-29-2015, 03:11 AM   #18
Bassman/NZ

I'm a little dismayed by some of the replies here. Whatever happened to scrounging and ingenuity? My AV8 started as a rusty, bare shell lying on its side. Took me five years of scrounging, swapping, passing on parts that were too expensive, learning how to do this and that, and now it is a fully legal driving car. I taught myself bodywork, frame building, wiring, painting, upholstery, engine and rear end building, the whole darned thing. The best part? Well apart from doing the whole thing myself....... it cost me less than some guys around here have spent on getting their paint jobs done.
Bassman/NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 07:24 AM   #19
theHIGHLANDER

Wow, it's 1993 all over again? Back then most every collector car publication declared those having or doing restorations as being stupid (yes, some articles even used the word stupid). Since when did we all become dealers looking to turn a profit? Since when is the cost to "get there from here" considered the end-all do-all? I guess it's perfectly acceptable to buy a new Bentley at something over $200K, only to have it be worth $90-100K 5 years and less than 20K miles later. Boys n girls, we're dealing with a finite resource here. This isn't like oil or gold with vast amounts yet to be harvested. Even though some provide a service to find/buy/sell this stuff to end users, that's not everyone. At the end of the day these are indeed tangible assets that require the desire and discipline to get them done, far exceeding the general personal transportation industry. If it is truly stupid to restore cars then I must be associating with genuine Neanderthals. Totally ignorant dumb bastards for the work they have me do. Do we really think this is the case? I don't, I never have, I never will. If you want to play "American Picker" then go right ahead and I wish you luck. If you want to declare the other side of this as some ignorant folly, well maybe my glutes have a kiss coming.

Trust me, I'm being as nice and charitable as I can be on this topic. Y'all might ban me for saying it like I really want to. And I think that Vicky is probably worth a low of $7K or a high of $10K. I'm sure the Frank and Mike set would declare 1/2 of that but I'll stand pat with those figures.
theHIGHLANDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:41 AM   #20
TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHIGHLANDER View Post
Wow, it's 1993 all over again? Back then most every collector car publication declared those having or doing restorations as being stupid (yes, some articles even used the word stupid). Since when did we all become dealers looking to turn a profit? Since when is the cost to "get there from here" considered the end-all do-all? I guess it's perfectly acceptable to buy a new Bentley at something over $200K, only to have it be worth $90-100K 5 years and less than 20K miles later. Boys n girls, we're dealing with a finite resource here. This isn't like oil or gold with vast amounts yet to be harvested. Even though some provide a service to find/buy/sell this stuff to end users, that's not everyone. At the end of the day these are indeed tangible assets that require the desire and discipline to get them done, far exceeding the general personal transportation industry. If it is truly stupid to restore cars then I must be associating with genuine Neanderthals. Totally ignorant dumb bastards for the work they have me do. Do we really think this is the case? I don't, I never have, I never will. If you want to play "American Picker" then go right ahead and I wish you luck. If you want to declare the other side of this as some ignorant folly, well maybe my glutes have a kiss coming.

Trust me, I'm being as nice and charitable as I can be on this topic. Y'all might ban me for saying it like I really want to. And I think that Vicky is probably worth a low of $7K or a high of $10K. I'm sure the Frank and Mike set would declare 1/2 of that but I'll stand pat with those figures.
I have a simple answer to your long winded screed against buying a finished car. It's simply called age. Most of us that relate to old V-8's are 65 or over. We have a limited time on the planet and maybe limited funds. At this point in our lives do we want to spend 5-7 years and gobs of money on a project or do we buy a finished car and enjoy the fun of driving it now? Do we leave a bunch of projects to the widow that she can't sell or do we leave her driveable cars she can sell immediately? There's very few kids waiting in line to buy V-8 project cars, and most young people have no interest in them .They are looking at a used Honda with a big stereo.
It's sound advice to the first time buyer to get finished car. I give this advice frequently to new people to the hobby as most are over 65 and have no idea of the related COSTS and TIME to build a project. Everyone can make the decision for themselves, but I would rather be driving my finished V-8 than sitting at home for several years with a project and wishing I was out on a tour with my friends. BTW the cars I have were once my projects, but now they are finished and I have no desire to start anything new at this age.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 11:04 AM   #21
Vics Stuff

Ralph Moore ! As we hoarders think that one day these vehicles and parts will bring us large $$$ return . But many do not realize , that in this hobby the trends and age groups are constantly changing and us grey haired guys who are into the V8 cars will be gone in a few decades and these charrished vehicles will not be desired collectables as we know them . My car builds are not about what they are worth but they are the vehicles that I just plain like no matter what they will be worth down the road. For me it is not about the investment , but the enjoyment of tinkering with something that I call a hobby .
Old 09-29-2015, 11:45 AM   #22
Ralph Moore

Same here, I don't think I could ever get the time and $$$ spent back out of one of these.
But I love doing it just the same.
Old 09-30-2015, 02:44 AM   #23
Vics Stuff

Ralph Moore ! When I get up to North Pole next spring I would like to look you up ?
Vic
Old 09-30-2015, 06:40 AM   #24
theHIGHLANDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
I have a simple answer to your long winded screed against buying a finished car. It's simply called age. Most of us that relate to old V-8's are 65 or over. We have a limited time on the planet and maybe limited funds. At this point in our lives do we want to spend 5-7 years and gobs of money on a project or do we buy a finished car and enjoy the fun of driving it now? Do we leave a bunch of projects to the widow that she can't sell or do we leave her driveable cars she can sell immediately? There's very few kids waiting in line to buy V-8 project cars, and most young people have no interest in them .They are looking at a used Honda with a big stereo.
It's sound advice to the first time buyer to get finished car. I give this advice frequently to new people to the hobby as most are over 65 and have no idea of the related COSTS and TIME to build a project. Everyone can make the decision for themselves, but I would rather be driving my finished V-8 than sitting at home for several years with a project and wishing I was out on a tour with my friends. BTW the cars I have were once my projects, but now they are finished and I have no desire to start anything new at this age.
If the need to defend the position of restoration being a waste of time and resources is there then I'd make the assumption that the defense of such makes that person guilty of disrespecting the restoration process.

I could make just as much folly out of saying old guys have no business being into old cars at any level. I'll always defend restoration and just as strong would be my defense of those going hot rod with em. Maybe at your age (which isn't that old really) it might make sense, but to declare someone as "wrong" for restoring means one may wish all around him to behave and decide just as he would. How boring, have everyone like and buy and behave the same. How insulting to snub the individual choice to bring back from the dead a car that others will enjoy seeing once done. A close friend spent a bit over 4,000 hours on a Packard restoration. He's older than you and is quite pleased with the end result. He should be as he wins nearly every show competition he enters (7 out of 8) and gets just as much joy out of hauling his grandchildren around in the rumble seat.

The bottom line, at least from my view, is do what you like. If you like to take a jab at those who restore then accept the counter-jab that should follow. Don't preach your specific need to those who choose opposite to your choice. Some of us think that more than 1/2 the pleasure is getting there. Some of feel that the juice is worth the squeeze. Some of us, with "us" meaning proponents of the restoration process, have a degree of confidence in our stuff that may not be there by simply buying something done, or more on point, someone else's work. We know it's not full of bondo or has stripped threads in key components. We know the engine isn't full of motor honey to quiet it down. We know nothing was cheated or rushed in the name of "going for a ride". I can say those things having followed "finished" cars and the hack n slash approach taken in order to "dump" for money. Long winded? Not even close as there's so much more to restoration than time and money. Some "get it", some never will.
theHIGHLANDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 09:45 AM   #25
TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by theHIGHLANDER View Post
If the need to defend the position of restoration being a waste of time and resources is there then I'd make the assumption that the defense of such makes that person guilty of disrespecting the restoration process.

I could make just as much folly out of saying old guys have no business being into old cars at any level. I'll always defend restoration and just as strong would be my defense of those going hot rod with em. Maybe at your age (which isn't that old really) it might make sense, but to declare someone as "wrong" for restoring means one may wish all around him to behave and decide just as he would. How boring, have everyone like and buy and behave the same. How insulting to snub the individual choice to bring back from the dead a car that others will enjoy seeing once done. A close friend spent a bit over 4,000 hours on a Packard restoration. He's older than you and is quite pleased with the end result. He should be as he wins nearly every show competition he enters (7 out of 8) and gets just as much joy out of hauling his grandchildren around in the rumble seat.

The bottom line, at least from my view, is do what you like. If you like to take a jab at those who restore then accept the counter-jab that should follow. Don't preach your specific need to those who choose opposite to your choice. Some of us think that more than 1/2 the pleasure is getting there. Some of feel that the juice is worth the squeeze. Some of us, with "us" meaning proponents of the restoration process, have a degree of confidence in our stuff that may not be there by simply buying something done, or more on point, someone else's work. We know it's not full of bondo or has stripped threads in key components. We know the engine isn't full of motor honey to quiet it down. We know nothing was cheated or rushed in the name of "going for a ride". I can say those things having followed "finished" cars and the hack n slash approach taken in order to "dump" for money. Long winded? Not even close as there's so much more to restoration than time and money. Some "get it", some never will.
First of all no where in my post did I say it was WRONG to restore a car.
I also said it was a person's decision to make the choice to restore or buy a finished car. I also said that the advice I give is to those who are new to the hobby. Those who have been in the hobby have the experience to know whether to take on a project or not. They also know where to take their car for restoration or repairs where they won't get "ripped off".You'll also notice that I did not call anyone Neanderthals or "dumb bastards". Those are your words. You have indicated you do work for others on their old cars. You obviously have "skin in the game" for promoting restorations. Good luck with your business. It would be interesting to see any one of your customers extolling the virtues of your restoration work.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:03 AM   #26
FrankWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
Very wise comments!!
AS you get older time seems to go very fast indeed. If you are over 65 choose a car that is almost ready to go. Maybe a little tinkering and a few repairs. Don't buy a rusted out hulk..That can take you 10 years or more to rebuild, unless that is what you enjoy doing. Some people are not really interested in driving but likes to work on the project itself. Sad to say, but us 65 plus people should use our time wisely because time is getting shorter. It all depends on what you want. So ask yourself, "what do I really enjoy doing? And do that!

I remember the story why the army drafts young people. You can tell a 20 year old guy to go out into open fire and take that machine enemy machine gunner out. But an old guy would say.."What are you crazy, not me?"
FrankWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 10:38 AM   #27
Ralph Moore

So true, I did a lot of really stupid stuff when I was is the Army, funny it didn't seem so at the time.

Vic,
Your welcome to stop by anytime! I'll give you the nickel tour of my shop and projects.
Ralph
Old 09-30-2015, 11:05 AM   #28
Vics Stuff

Ralph ! If you are ever down here in Anchorage you are also welcome to stop by.
Vic
Old 09-30-2015, 01:37 PM   #29
rockfla

For the "what its worth" department!!!

I mean for what its worth to the current rant, not value of car!!!! I am the "YOUNGER" generation that most here say "no interest" in EFV8's. I have been around them all my life. Part of the problem with even the "projects" and undertaking restoration project (and the younger interest) is....the $75 $100 and $200 EFV8 projects my dad was buying back in the late 60's and early 70's NOW adjusted for inflation that would normally equal $800 to $1200 are actually being advertised for 10 times todays inflation rate. I for one cannot afford a family and a $10,000 restoration project. THUS this hobby will slowly fade.
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 05:12 PM   #30
Karl

Wow - If you want to restore your car great. I've done it and loved it . I now prefer to buy someone else's restoration. I have five restored cars and they are all immaculate. I can do lots of stuff (including taking your appendix out with my eyes closed) but bodywork and painting are not my thing. I have to farm these out and to get a good job you pay heavily to get this done. Chequebook restoration is not as much fun as doing it yourself . I worked out that I could have the pleasure of driving and owning more cars by letting a previous owner do that work for me. Having said that as I am fanatical with originailty I re restore them to original specs when I get them anyway! I am under no illusion that my cars are investments (although A's , T's and V8's are holding their prices better than most) and I have much more in them than I could ever get back -However for me spending $50,000 to restore a car that is worth 25,000 when finished when I could buy two restored cars for $50,000 doesn't stack up -Just my opinion -Karl

Last edited by Karl; 09-30-2015 at 10:51 PM.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:59 PM   #31
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankWest View Post
...........................I remember the story why the army drafts young people. You can tell a 20 year old guy to go out into open fire and take that machine enemy machine gunner out. But an old guy would say.."What are you crazy, not me?"
That's because when you are young everything is going to happen to someone else not you . Some one else is going to get killed in the war, Someone else's girlfriend is going to get pregnant , Some one else is going to develop a drug habit ......etc etc etc

As they say "Youth is wasted on the young!"
Old 10-01-2015, 04:05 AM   #32
Scott H in Wheaton

Boy, you guys sure know how to derail a thread!

The guy asks a simple question about the worth of a car and it turns into a discussion about what's right and wrong with old cars and how all the people who like them are doomed to fade away.

If everybody liked the same thing we wouldn't need 31 flavors of ice cream.
Live and let live...there's plenty of room for all sorts of folks in the car world, and there are new enthusiasts coming into it as well. Look at the number of car shows on tv....and most of them feature young guns with a passion for cars.

Last edited by Scott H in Wheaton; 10-01-2015 at 10:27 AM.
Scott H in Wheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 06:24 AM   #33
FrankWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
Wow - If you want to restore your car great. I've done it and loved it . I now prefer to buy someone else's restoration. I have five restored cars and they are all immaculate. I can do lots of stuff (including taking your appendix out with my eyes closed) but bodywork and painting are not my thing. I have to farm these out and to get a good job you pay heavily to get this done. Chequebook restoration is not as much fun as doing it yourself . I worked out that I could have the pleasure of driving and owning more cars by letting a previous owner do that work for me. Having said that as I am fanatical with originailty I re restore them to original specs when I get them anyway! I am under no illusion that my cars are investments (although A's , T's and V8's are holding their prices better than most) and I have much more in them than I could ever get back -However for me spending $50,000 to restore a car that is worth 25,000 when finished when I could buy two restored cars for $50,000 doesn't stack up -Just my opinion -Karl
When ever I have to replace something in my 1933 ford I always try to get the best stuff..not the cheapest. And that is the way people think that love and enjoy their car. Years ago before I purchased my car..I was offered a car restored by an individual for 28K nice looking but I was in the market for a more original car..especially original interior. And the car being offered did not even have replacement Mohair interior but a grey woven fabric, which I didn't like at all. A month after I turned the car down..I saw it for sale at a professional restorer antique car site selling for 50K!.
So the professional restorer only restored the price not the car.
FrankWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 05:03 PM   #34
34fivewindow

Here is the one that was on craigslist, now on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...aabcf4&vxp=mtr
34fivewindow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:20 PM   #35
Karl Wescott

The car will be worth exactly what a buyer and a seller agree at a particular moment. No more, no less. And the car will not be worth that a moment later.

Figure out what you are willing to pay for the car. Thats your "buy" value. Obviously you do not have unending dollars and a burning desire for that car or money would not be a significant issue. Ask what the owner "wants" for the car... Maybe you can reach a deal. Perhaps the "sell" value is well below your "buy" value and a good faith good home for the car. You will never know if you dont ask.
Karl Wescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 12:20 AM   #36
Vics Stuff

I did speak to the owner on this 34 Vickie and he was firm @ $16,000.00 so I gracefully passed on this one. Not needing to spend that kind of $$$ for another project and having it turn out to be worth maybe $45,000.00. Hell I would have way more in it then that. Even with doing most of the work myself.
Vic
Old 10-03-2015, 07:26 AM   #37
stangblue

I have restored cars from the ground up and enjoyed every moment of it. Think about it you get to meet people you would have never met. You get to stay in different hotels, motels looking for parts and going to car swap meets around the country. You get to haggle with stranger and sometimes make yourself look like or you should be on welfare. ha ha. You get to make a mess out of your residence with sand blasting using toxic chemicals ect. ect. Your neighbors wish you would get a job. You get to ask others a lot of question (pick their brains) for the price of coffee. You get a good education from buying the wrong part first then go still looking for the correct one. You have to wait for others to do the job you don't want mess up yourself. The cash you saved is gone and now using your credit card. Finally when the project is done you stand back and.... Say what an Accomplishment ( I resurrected The Phoenix From The Ashes) and it Looks Great!!!! Next?

Last edited by stangblue; 10-03-2015 at 07:32 AM.
stangblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:10 AM   #38
funrunr

Wow, I have read and reread this whole post. It took me 9 years to build my coupe and it still needs some stuff installed. I love my car and hope to never sell it. Unfortunately I don't drive it. I would much rather just look at it and enjoy to myself. With that being said I'm continuously working on my wife's or daughters cars and find that brings me most of my enjoyment out of this hobby. That is why I'm building another car. By all means do what makes you happy.
There is one thing out of this whole thread that impresses me,,,,,,,Karl, can you really remove my appendix with your eyes closed? lol have a great day guys
Old 10-04-2015, 02:51 AM   #39
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by funrunr View Post
There is one thing out of this whole thread that impresses me,,,,,,,Karl, can you really remove my appendix with your eyes closed? lol have a great day guys
Not if you wish to live ! However many years ago when I was an intern I did so many that it felt like I could do them with my eyes closed. Oh those where the days I was young, single , much more handsome than I am now , well paid and working with hundreds of hot female nurses. Problem was most of the time I was to tired to do anything other than sleep when I did get time off ! Maybe those weren't the days after all ! LOL Karl

Last edited by Karl; 10-05-2015 at 04:04 PM.