Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-26-2023, 10:46 AM   #21
Ricosan

Default Re: Another carburetor question

Hey Guys,
I’m so tempted to try to get these carburetors working well myself but then I think about sitting on the side of the road for hours. So I’m sending these carburetors away to have professionally cleaned and set up for my engine. I’m sending the fuel for a tuneup as well. At least I can eliminate those two parts of the system as being the problem.
I was able to push enough fuel from the tank, with air hose, to fill the sediment bowl so I don’t suspect a block in the line.
The fuel tank is new but I don’t rule out trash in the fuel tank. I have a filter inside the sediment bowl.
These two carburetors were suspect even before I cleaned them but being a genuine Stromberg, and new, it’s worth getting them professionally cleaned and roadworthy. Just for the peace of mind alone!
Note: these carburetors had about 150 miles on them before they quit working and before gas filter was installed in the system.
I’ll post a follow up as soon as I get the carburetors back.
Richard
Ricosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 11:36 AM   #22
Terry,OH

Consider replaceing the flexible fuel line going into the fuel pump. Max Musgrove is the man to rebuild Strombergs. Max is the Stromberg Technician. He also can supply any of the original Stromberg parts at a discount pllus a wrench to remove the main jets. If you did not remove the main jets and pull the emulsion tubes You can not clean the Carb properly.
Terry,OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 02-26-2023, 12:16 PM   #23
Ricosan

Hey Terry,
It’s a new flex line. I dealt with a lot of starting issues when I bought the car last year, even replaced the fuel line with a copper coated steel line.
Richard
Ricosan is offline   Reply With Quote