Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-19-2022, 02:14 PM   #1
Steve45hd

Default Needing Assistance -Fifty 8BA- Running Issue

Ok Ive got a Fifty Ford Car with An 8BA V8

Heres its problem , It starts and idles perfectly. Once warmed up and Driving it begins to stall(shut off) and restart(because its in gear i presume) , repeatedly as long as i drive it it seems very regular and will stall every 15 seconds and re-fire right up .

Here's what Ive done:
Car had a petronix ignition called them they said only issue could be coil not within their spec of .6 ohms Checked it and it was not . Got a new coil installed it ....did the same thing

Took the petronix out installed new points and condenser , re-wired distributor checked ground found it to be good Checked timing its at two BTDC but also found Vacuum advance to be defective. I replaced it. Checked the vacuum supply its got vacuum but know it changes under operation. Drove the Car Did the Same Thing

Bypassed all the electrics in car and hot wired ignition drove the car again ........ does the same thing.
Ive checked the fuel supply and installed an electric fuel pump (previously, as the car sits a lot, to prime fuel pump) Its got great fuel supplied to the carburetor (Ford 94)

I am at my whits end trying to determine whats going on with this car!

ANY SUGGESTIONS ????
Steve45hd is offline   Reply With Quote