Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-09-2016, 01:48 AM   #21
rich b

Default Re: '35 3W glass channel placement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball and Chain View Post
The screw im looking for is a little flathead that you take out of the regulator through the round hole in the door to take the glass out.
If you are referring to the stop screws on the regulator gear, I didn't have to take them out; but maybe I went about installing the windows the wrong way.
I put the regulator thru the big hole in the door, cranked it full up, dropped it to the bottom of the door, slid the window in thru the top and rotated it into the fuzzy glass runs, lowered it until the channel was by the big hole, engaged the regulator arms into the channel, raised the whole works up until the drive shank fit thru its hole, cranked it a little until all the screws could be installed, rolled it down and installed the roller on the channel, rolled it back up, and checked the vent operation.

Your later regulators are a longer; but I don't see where that would make a difference.
rich b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 11:25 AM   #22
Ball and Chain

Thanks for the pic Randy, I dont think ive ever seen the other type before. I wish they would have moved the window crank instead so i dont bang my knee on it.

Rich, I finally found a pic of what im missing but i guess its nothing special, thanks for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy in ca View Post
Your doors have the later inside door handle location. The early style handle was very near the front of the door.

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich b View Post
If you are referring to the stop screws on the regulator gear, I didn't have to take them out; but maybe I went about installing the windows the wrong way.
I put the regulator thru the big hole in the door, cranked it full up, dropped it to the bottom of the door, slid the window in thru the top and rotated it into the fuzzy glass runs, lowered it until the channel was by the big hole, engaged the regulator arms into the channel, raised the whole works up until the drive shank fit thru its hole, cranked it a little until all the screws could be installed, rolled it down and installed the roller on the channel, rolled it back up, and checked the vent operation.

Your later regulators are a longer; but I don't see where that would make a difference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg door.jpg (30.9 KB, 28 views)
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 04-11-2016, 06:22 PM   #23
rich b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball and Chain View Post
Rich, I finally found a pic of what im missing but i guess its nothing special, thanks for the help.
The regulator down stop is important. Easy to make if you don't have one.

I just took a "slice" of a 3/8" bolt, drilled and tapped it for a 10-32 screw, worked fine.
rich b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:27 PM   #24
Ball and Chain

Thanks i'll probably have to make something, neither one of my doors had any rollers, maybe they've just been missing all a long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich b View Post
The regulator down stop is important. Easy to make if you don't have one.

I just took a "slice" of a 3/8" bolt, drilled and tapped it for a 10-32 screw, worked fine.