Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-14-2014, 03:08 AM   #41
Dave D

Default Re: Paul Bradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8fordman View Post
For those of you who don't know, look at your floorpan and notice how many grooves are in the pan, how many holes, how many "D" nuts, how many bends, etc. Each one of those "things" relates to the floorpan being handled, moved or changed position in his press. If the pan has a different length of groove, the "press" has to be set up again because every groove is "rolled" into Paul's pans, one at a time. Now think about how many different pans (year models) he makes, right and left sides, full and half pans, etc. He can't afford to put the labor hours into setting up to make one pan should he be "out of stock".

Some of you guys need to make some parts and then try to satisfy yourself. You will find out how difficult it is and will appreciate what these guys do for us. We should thank Carpenter, Drake, Spadaro, Coker, Nacewicz, Bradley, etc.; not criticize them. (and yes, I do get frustrated sometimes) There is not enough NOS stuff out there for all of us.

By the way, I have always gotten my pans immediately upon ordering. There is no nicer guy than Paul Bradley.
Three YEARS after I order my 35 pans he calls to say "he's running them this week" and bills my credit card, ANOTHER year after that still no pans and he won't return phone calls. I made one last call to his secretary to tell her I was calling their local police to report the theft of funds before Paul calls back and agrees to credit back the charge.

Reputable vendors don't act like that I don't care how good their products are. I would advise people if you must buy from him do it at his door with the parts in your hand.
Dave D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:38 AM   #42
stangblue

r
here is my 02 cents. I called Paul a couple years ago and asked for a rear tank section for my 34. After a long conversation about our love of old Fords he told me up front he wouldn't be making that section for sometime. I accepted the fact and asked if he could help me out in making just the ribs for that section . He said he had part time help and would do it that Friday when the part timer came in. He sent me the ribs the next week and there was no charge for them including shipping. Being that I'm in a buisness myself I couldn't take them for free and sent Mr. Bradley what I felt was hopefully more than fair for his time and shipping. In my opinion Paul is a stand up Guy and a credit to our hobby. I've had a hand in this hobby trying to help other hobbyist, and beleive me it goes both ways. I've meet some great Early Ford suppliers and if you're sincere and courteous they have great knowledge to share. Give credit to those that do what others can't. PS Sometimes it's how you treat others is how you get treated in the end.

Last edited by stangblue; 01-14-2014 at 12:08 PM.
stangblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 01-16-2014, 05:07 PM   #43
Bruce/CT

I have had GREAT dealings with Paul. I was not in a great rush for my 1936 pans and ordered them when I first started my restoration. It honestly took him a year longer than promised but that gave me a reason to call and enjoy speaking with him. I am taking some metal shaping classes. Paul's pans and even his shipping boxes are a work of art.
Good quality takes time.
I truly hate seeing him get such a beating here. I know that he wouldn't take such a bashing if he would better predict his shipping schedule. If you have the time these are well worth waiting for. I don't see a comparable quality source and I doubt there is a better guy out there than Paul Bradley.
Bruce/CT
BTW: I am not a paid spokesman!