Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2019, 01:23 PM   #1
Ed in Maine

Default Shippiing a Model A

I have been looking for a recent restoration of a Victoria for months close to my house here in Florida without success. I have restored three Model As in the past and have come to the conclusion that I want to be in this car not under it! I have seen several cars that do look very nice (correct colors, detailed restorations) but are several hundred miles away. I am trying to decide if it makes sense to drive the car back to Florida or have it shipped. I have inquired as to expected shipping costs and I can tell right from the start that it is a "jungle out there" when it comes to shipping a car! Prices are thrown around and very little information is provided.

I am retired and have the time but it means driving a car that you don't know its capabilities. Yet, I have read in Model A News of people that have driven across the country in both directions. Maybe you bring your tools and spare parts and push ahead. If you wanted to purchase a car that was 1400 miles away what would you do? Thanks for your comments. Ed
Ed in Maine is offline   Reply With Quote