Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-02-2012, 12:33 AM   #221
fordman67

Default Re: Jetzt, da der Staub gelegt hat, seine Zeit bei der Arbeit

for what it is worth....NO body...seems to me to defeat the whole purpose of "speedster".....but keep up the good work...
Na, I dont like working on cars...I exist for it!
fordman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #222
yachtsmanbill

"NUTS" said the queen; "If I had them Id be KING"
Alas replied the King; "It still takes 12 inches to be a ruler..."

Took off this morning to go get a $3.75.9 gallon of gas for the snowblower and stopped by the motor parts for $25 worth of bolts and a muffler hanger... what the hell has this world become??? Most of that stuff is chinese too, at $3/ day for labor, unless its made in a malaysian prison where the rate is a trade for life in prison versus death by Roo-Roo. Hmmm

Got the OSO mount almost finished today. It keeps the spring in the X member and also provides an extra bearing for the twister, without it the crank would probably just bend. That would be like having a harley with a busted kicker... been there, done that!

Got the muffler temporarily hung. Gotta tighten that stuff up tomorrow. Pat came out and requested I quit at 4 pm for some coffee and, if you like Greek food, spanikopita... spinach with cream cheese and feta cheese in philo dough bake nice and crunchy like a croissant... yummy! ws

yachtsmanbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:36 PM   #223
yachtsmanbill

OSO mount still needs the conn rod type cap and then I make a brass bushing for it. Right now I did a wood bushing just to line things up. Had to drop the mount down 3/4" to make the hole line up and consequently neede 3/4" of spacers to squeeze the spring. Ended up opening all the holes to 9/16 from 1/2 to get the bolts in... MEIN KAMPF! Turned out well so far... actually gonna drill and cotter pin them tomorrow for effect! ws

Old 03-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #224
yachtsmanbill

BULLITT (the wonder dog) and CHEWBACA approved! ws

Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 03-02-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #225
[email protected]

Hey, I know those dogs!!! Great animals. I got home and had to tell everyone about those 2. Everyone got a chuckle out the description I gave them of Bullitt with his huge eyes and his tongue sticking out. I had a problem trying to tell them about Chewbaca. The only description I could really give them was his hair looks worse than Chebaca's. I'm watching the Minnesota vs Wisconsin college hockey games on TV. Right now Wisconsin is up 2 to 0. I hope Wisconsin beats Minnesota right into the ice. I can't stand the gophers (rats). Oh crap Wisconsin just scored again. Go Badgers!!!!
And we're wearing sunglasses
Let's go.
garrisonm89@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:12 PM   #226
yachtsmanbill

... Dog tested and parent approved!

Spoke with the two boys today and they both think yer OK! BRING RAWHIDES next time!!

Spent 3 hours cleaning the shop today... even went over most of the floor with a big magnet for drilling and grinding debris... like 2 lbs worth! Then drilled and pinned the OSO clamp bolts, and painted the unit. This step number 17,473 out of 23,449... getting closer every day!
I just know one of these days the judges are gonna drop in for a shop inspection and I want to be ready! LOL-F-T !
Another project is on its way from another T guy...Ill have 4 buckets worth of parts. The red ones need a more sanitary socket on the back and the one set is empty with good sockets... see where this is going? I can use an OEM T socket on the back of sealed beam lights. NEAT! ws

I was gonna do the same thing to the empty buckets, but this other deal came along that I couldnt pass up.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #227
yachtsmanbill

Too bad theyre the wrong color...Like a dude across the hall said..."easter egg colors are out of style..." Yeah, paint everything black... HOW GOTH!! These will get the BEE treatment with maybe chrome rings... allowance is depleted for now!
Also started playing with shortening the running boards. Gonna chop them down to about 14 inches and mount on a piece of 1 X 10 decking. The edges are gonners so they are almost junk anyways...
Also played with my idler contraption. Im gonna run an alternator with a serpentine belt, and this will ensure I make enough pulley contact so it wont slip... ws

Old 03-03-2012, 09:49 PM   #228
[email protected]

The idler looks awesome. Now get your arse in gear and get that alternator mounted.

Andy called today to get me to show a little more interest in my touring and start back working on it. So Wednesday we're going to start putting some time into it.

Tuesday I'm going to take the W Chance & Sons side by side down to Elk River. I was supposed to do it Friday but my ride along wasn't able to make it.

He had to get the windshield replaced on his 2012 Dodge truck. He was damn near crying because he got a rock chip and didn't know about it. After it snowed 10 inches the chip became a crack all the way across. He paid $38000.00 for his mobile home and over $40000.00 for his fancy truck with the Hemi and all the bells and whistles. What really get's ya is the fact his wife has a 2010 Dodge SUV with less than 1000 miles on it because it scares her to drive out here in the wilderness of central Mintysoda. She feels much more comfortable driving in the twin cities area. She's afraid if her brand new truck breaks down no-one will come to her aid.

I got a phone call from our mutual friend down in St Joe today. I'm going to be hosting the next Great Northern Model T Club's garage meeting. It wouldn't worry me so much but when the guys come over to work in the garage their wives come into the house to set-up for potluck lunch. I'm probably going to have to put a seat on one of the stools. And I'm going to have to find some place for them all to sit. I hope my tool set is good enough to do what they want to do. I've got a feeling I'm going to go through a lot of Windsor this month.

The Llama went away yesterday. I found a nice little Taurus 38 special revolver with a 2 inch barrel I figured I just had to have. Once I shot it I fell in love with it. At 30 feet it shoots about a 4" group. I'm having trouble pulling to the right when I'm squeezing the trigger but I'm working on it. The .45 Colt is shooting much better now that I cleaned it and worked on my grip. My 9mm Ruger is still a tack driver. That's the one that rests by my bed at night. Now I'm just waiting for my carry permit.

How about a full profile picture of the "Polinator". I gotta think that thing is looking good. You've got those wire wheels tied down now so you should be able to roll it in and out of that massive shop of yours.

Later
Let's go.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #229
yachtsmanbill

We're talkin' 40s here next week. and it just so happens that Ill roll the POLLINATOR SPECIAL out side to cut some lumber on the table saw!Camera will be in hand. Picked up a 4x8 sheet of 3/4 trearted plywood today for $28.00 ! Dang!
On the way over to retards, we stopped by at the civic ceneter for a swap meet. $3 to get in with about 50 venders. Picked up a barn fresh (!!) coil for $5 an alternator bracket for $5 and the ubiquitious can of Caterpillar yellow for $1.00 At least this swap was more or less pre 1970 stuff so I recognized most of it. The last few were antique swaps with "Extreme turbo chips for that 1990 kamagaguchuiyama 3.7L" I felt like the delivery driver in that Miller beer commercial... "FOOTBALL and CAVIAR???? Im feelin' a little queezy..." In other words, point me to the head!

On the glass issue... true story coming up....

My brand new 2000 Silverado got a chip in the glass at about 1000 miles. My co worker said to get it repaired with that epoxy crap. Yeah right... I picked up the 2" limestone epoxy kit off the ground and then called the glass shop and had a NEW windshield installed by 10 am the next morning. Moral ??? Have a zero deductable comprehensive insurance policy.

Then your pals' wife would rather drive around knuckleheads with 500 watts of "Kill the White PO-LEESMAN" vibrating her windows followed by a smash-n-grab than a nice quiet ride out in the country. I see whats wrong with that picture.

Another true story... my pal, a big dodge thing fan, buys one of those new hemi blazer dodge thingies... gets 8 mpg and REQUIRES premium fuel LOLOLOL. He had a really nice '70 Hemi Challenger that I built the 426 for and he traded it on a CLONE Little Red Wagon wheel stander with a new 360 under the seat with a mocked up 2X4 blown plastic hemi in the bed... theres no accounting for taste is there? Ol' boy thrives on nascar too. Probably a closet Kodiak user ! Also has a LIL Red Express... Id trade all that crap for a nice T eh???

So now pal, to kinda quote Andy DuFraine from
The Shawshank Redemption... "get busy wrenchin' or get busy walkin'..."
Get that touring car on the trailer so we can do Washington Island... Leave at daybreak and get back here by 10pm.... its 100 miles each way to Gills rock for the ferry! An hour each way on the ferry and 4-5 hours driving around the island.

Another true story... In the '40s, my mom used to drive across the ice to the island to teach the local womens club oil painting... I can picture that 39 ford going up and down those hills of ice with a fully non synchronized three on the tree....

Ill try giving you a call tomorrow if your not busy... ws
Old 03-04-2012, 10:10 PM   #230
[email protected]

Ya, I waited till you were gone today and called your wife. I think I surprised her. The whole idea of coming out there for a week with the touring is pretty much what I have in mind. And then sleeping on your boat at night. I'd be somebody. The tour up to Washington Island sounds like the real deal. It sure wouldn't take much to trailer the T out there. It would just be a matter of whether I'd take the touring or the sedan. I just got the top for the touring delivered last week and all I've got left to do before I can put it on is rebuild the bows. Then beg all my good friends from the model t club to help me put it on. And them being the greatest friends a man could ever have I'm sure they'd be willing to help me. Especially after this months garage meeting at my house. lol. If I can get the touring done this spring I should be able to work on the Sedan this summer. The only problem is Uncle Sam wants $7000.00 that I don't have. And I don't really want to give anything up to pay him off. So the majority of my any money left after bills from paychecks are going to have to go to pay him. Once again it's the screwing I get for the screwing I got. But life goes on. Andy's expecting to work on the touring car transmission this week. I hope he's not planning on having me put to many expensive parts into it. I might end up waiting for a year until my taxes are paid. I am going to attempt to sell my little boat but that won't even cover 20% of it. Beyond that I have nothing else to sell except my guitar collection and I'd never get what I've got into my guitars what I've got into them. Unless I could peddle them on craigslist. Anyway...
Let's go.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:39 PM   #231
yachtsmanbill

Buy a new SS# and move to TR... The bait shop/ liquor stor where we kaeep the boat is for sale. I could use a job and a free dock for both boats. Its the only likker store in town BTW!
There was a crime wave here last year. A kid stole a radio out of a car and an old lady got pinched for jaywalking (!?) crossing mid block on her little rascal. She plea bargained it and was dropped to having to buy a vehicle sticker for the scooter. Demographics dont lie! ws

http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/...es/index.xhtml
Old 03-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #232
[email protected]

I thought you were trying to sell the unbelievably large 3 deck carrier your keeping in storage down in Chi-town. It's hard to believe you don't take that boat up to the Bering Sea for king crab. You could be on TV with Sig and those guys. Or is your boat just to damn big?
Let's go.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:49 AM   #233
yachtsmanbill

Fork the fish! I wanna go for some Berring Sea gold. Always looking for a get rich scheme... just seems they never pay off! ws
Old 03-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #234
[email protected]

Bering Sea gold can be a cold proposition. I suppose if you get enough warm water pumped through your suit it's probably not too bad. Just remember that stuff can cost a little bit of money. Oh you need to be able to spend about $1,000,000 on a dredge to pull a lot of rocks up off the floor.
Let's go.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:41 AM   #235
yachtsmanbill

It that or the likker store in TR !! ws
Old 03-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #236
[email protected]

Your best chance is probably going to be the lickor stor.
Let's go.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #237
yachtsmanbill

That would be a safe bet... a likker store owner that doesnt drink... Hmmm... Like the sign sez; "Liquor in the front and poker in the rear..." ws
Old 03-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #238
[email protected]

Ha, reminds me I have to get some stuff for my heater; well you know my stove. When I got it I didn't get the three main parts of the stove, lifter, leg and poker. You know it's like the three old maids said as they were working in the garden; Lettuce, turnip and Pea. Thank you, thank you very much. I'll be here all week. Pick up a program at the doom. Thank you very much. Turn down the bed dear I'll be home in 10.
Let's go.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #239
yachtsmanbill

Make all deliveries in rear... Gotta go play the squeeze box....Dont drink and type. Ill get a program at the DOOM (?). ws
Old 03-05-2012, 11:31 PM   #240
yachtsmanbill

Papa Murphy's pizza is da' bomb! Had a chunk-o Pats home made coconut cream pie for desert.

Started to play with the deck today and will continue with the firewall project. Also made up the access steps (cant call them running boards anymore). Those bastards are made out of vanadium sheet metal... my sawzall wouldnt touch the stuff! Had to use a cut off grinder and 20 wheels. Gobs of black bugars to follow LOL. So far so good... ws