Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Archives > Model-T

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #1

Default Rocky Mountain Brakes

Would like source for these, understand there are two types, selfenergizing and non se. Any ideas on cost? Have 26 huckster w/ruckstell, understand RMB a good idea if stuck in neutral? Thanks, TTS

Old 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM   #2

Default Re: Rocky Mountain Brakes

Nearly all the Model T vendors have Rocky Mtn Brakes. They are of new manufacture and and all are set up to self energize when going forward. This results in poor braking when going backwards. The cost is $500-600. If you have large drum (1926-27) brakes, the cost is slightly lower because those are used with the RM brakes. If you have small drum brakes, a larger drum must be purchased with the kit.

Rocky Mtn brakes work very well and are not effected by being in "neutral". Ruckstell axles are not supposed to have a neutral, but some people find it anyway. There are different ways to set up the brakes. Some people use the brake pedal (with the required welded extension or special RM pedal) and others hook it up to the parking brake lever.

Perhaps someone who has installed RM brakes will respond also. I have them on my car, but I did not install them.

The link below has some information.

<ul>[*]Rocky Mtn Brakes[/list]