Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-25-2010, 11:58 AM   #1
r.t.dustin

Default Original Manual Windows in 1967 Fairlane 500xl

Hello!

First and foremost i want to say how happy I am to be apart of the Ford Barn. First post so here it goes ...

I have a 1967 Fairlane 500XL (pictures in an album under r.t.dustin). I had to gut my doors of my windows because they were sticking somewhere in the system. Found a couple of bad rollers that seemed to be causing the problem. The scissors seem to operate fine (especially after I lubed them up).

My question is - how easy it is to drill out the riveted rollers and install aftermarket rollers from AutoKrafters/Dearborn/etc, or is there a different route i should take? I dont want to open a can of worms that might not be worth it IF there is a more reliable fix that someone might know of.

Thanks and i know there will be requests of pictures of my issue so ill post some after work.
r.t.dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
T.W.Dustin

Default Re: Original Manual Windows in 1967 Fairlane 500xl

Hey Robbie - just bumping your post and hoping someone has good advice on rebuilding your window regulators.

Dad
T.W.Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:11 PM   #3
raceron1120

Default Re: Original Manual Windows in 1967 Fairlane 500xl

I haven't replaced them but I think the originals were press-fit. I sold lots of them years ago, the Ford replacements had threaded studs & lockwashers/nuts so were an easy fix - knock the old ones out then install the new ones. Check the replacements you're getting to see they're this type.

If you have or can get a Ford Shop Manual for your Fairlane it should include R&R info. I don't know the current Ford # but used to be C5AZ-65232A62-A or something like that. They're available from many sources with prices in the $5 & up range.
raceron1120 is offline   Reply With Quote