Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2016, 05:41 PM   #1
coupe1942

Default Paint goof or telling on myself. :-)

My wife had put away my spray paint cans into a storage closet when we moved into our new home. I was going to paint a vintage Victorian stand gloss black that I was re-purposing. Welll, the paint cans were in the back of the cabinet, but I grabbed the closest one with the gloss black top and took it out to do the paint work. I didn't read the label first since the top was the color i wanted for the paint.

Pssssst, psssst, pssst. I had shaken the can plenty long and hard enough to get a good flow going, but as much as I sprayed with the nozzle, nothing seemed to cover up the old pant on the piece. Just sort of gave it a shiny gloss, instead. I must have sprayed that base three times with no better results before I finally thought to look at what brand of cheap paint was so awful in coverage. ZOINGO!

It wasn't paint at all, but she had mixed in a can of her hair spray into the paint storage area by accident. Ahhhh, wives.......... :-)

Oh, well, I now know that Paul Mitchell is one expensive product to use as paint and the coverage for such is awful. :-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Paint Goof.JPG (173.4 KB, 121 views)

Last edited by coupe1942; 06-05-2016 at 05:47 PM.
coupe1942 is offline   Reply With Quote