Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-26-2012, 02:42 AM   #21
ken ct
BANNED

Default Re: Carb questions - Holley 94

Dont leave the pump leather soaking in oil more than a minute or the leather swells up Tooo much and its tough to get in the hole. Yes assembly is for the dash throttle lever.No the bushing goes where the felt was. The edges of the hole must be peened over to hold the bushing in. ken ct/ I also add a spring to the rod your talking about goes inbetween the top of the middle section and the bottom of the top section,this has to be cut to the correct length or throttles wont open all the way.Another of my little tricks. ken ct/
ken ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:32 PM   #22
mercjoe

I also have two 94's, one with the holley script and the other has a Ford script. Anyone could kindly explain this and what years were each used and it's applications ?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott H View Post
I've got two 94 carbs, one is Holley script and the other Ford script.

I like the base on the left because it doesn't have the vac port, but I'm having trouble with the weight and ball
Attachment 85469

Any tricks to getting the little brass weight out of the center, or the check ball out of the bottom of the accel pump? I've soaked in MMO, Liquid wrench, even CLR but can't get either one to budge. And yes, the spring clip is out.
Attachment 85470

Does it matter which top I use? One has a screw in the top of the fuel bowl cover which I can repair, plus the butterfly has a rusted spring on the little air valve. The other has a broken tab on the end of the choke shaft and the butterfly is held in with rivits instead of screws. It has a nicer top, a nicer butterfly.
Attachment 85471
mercjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 12-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #23
1952henry

Will probably be corrected, but I believe the Holley scripted carbs were replacements made in the 50s and possibly 60s. I have a Holley scripted Model 59, have had Holley scripted no number carbs with an 8BA tag on them.
I think all post-war Ford replacements were Model 59s until the 8BA engine debuted. Then, Ford scripted replacements with the vacuum port had no number.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:21 AM   #24
ken ct
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Ron View Post
Ken
Considering the fact that the 94 has been around for awhile, are the boosters all the same or which on do you consider the best? Yhanks Ol' Ron
The hi-lift ones are supposedly the best,but you have to use the top section with them has a bump over the lft hand nozzle cause they stick up over the middle section. rt. side one is ok theres clearance for it in the top. Hope you understand this. ken ct. They cured "panel-mark's" problem with his truck perculating gas when shut down.He says it runs fine now!! ken ct.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #25
ken ct
BANNED

Carbs with NO #'s on the bowl were made to be sold from Sears,Western Auto and the like. Ford would not let them put ford #'s on them ken .Thats my understanding of them.