Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #1
ModelTFan01
Banned

Default Coming Up for Sale - Vintage Ford Magazines

I have lost interest in Model T's for reason's that are personal and have upgraded my interest to Model A Ford's. Since Dick Lodge gave me some magazines on Model T's, named "Vintage Ford" I am going to be selling them for money to go to my first car, which will be a Ford Model A.

I will go through the magazines and decide which I'll want to keep and sell. All profits, like said, will go to my first car, a Model A. I will not be officially selling them (taking money for them) until I get the proper envelopes to ship them in. They will be listed in the "Classified" section of the MTFCA.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:17 AM   #2
[email protected]

Default Re: Coming Up for Sale - Vintage Ford Magazines

We're exceptionally happy to hear your going to go with the Ford Model A. Go on their Forum and pull your crap. I doubt they'll put up with you anymore than the T guys did. Good riddance. Everybody say goodbye.
And we're wearing sunglasses
Let's go.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:19 AM   #3
[email protected]

Thumbs down Re: Coming Up for Sale - Vintage Ford Magazines

Goodbye.
And we're wearing sunglasses
Let's go.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:18 AM   #4
yachtsmanbill

Somehow, profiteering comes to mind...Ill go a buck apiece and you pay the shipping... Maybe a trade with some mags featuring T & A's.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:47 AM   #5
Steve Wastler

Use a dictionary, how is this trying to profit in a time of emergency. It's called free enterprise and is what america is all about. I am shocked and saddened some of you are intimidated by a child.

I hope he is the next self made billionaire and can buy your collections as you kick off and take it all to the crusher. If I'm around I hope he looks me up so I can be the one to push the start button.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:05 AM   #6
yachtsmanbill

You are oh so right... How could I have been taken in by a manipulative precoscious pre teen like that. I'll donate my stuff, you donate yours and we'll flip a coin to see who gets to push the start button.
Just an FYI... this is how it started across the hall. and that little cherub is sitting back and smirking in his own little ADD/HD way. Now be a good ol' boy and send him 100 shares of IBM or APPLE stock....
Buy the weigh, I kant reed sew good, sew how can I yews a dikshunary... Maybe you need a Thesauraus. Eschew obfuscation pal! Profiteering in the altruistic sense here, is playing on peoples sympathy. A few guys over there went way above and beyond to help this kid get in on the ground floor of this hobby...So now its' woe is me! I changed my mind. I dont like these Ts anymore. Some sent him cash for models, offered enough parts to build one from scratch, and then a pile of mags that Im sure werent intended for re-sale. Maybe permission was granted. Who knows??? For what its worth, I bought a LIFE magazine for $1.00 that covered Dec 7, 1941. You DO know what happened on that day, right?
Personally, jkf, djfiffg dkedif gjgjhrh ekekfjcv dkfjfgjgmn! ws

Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 06-03-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:05 AM   #7
Gwhaley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wastler View Post
Use a dictionary, how is this trying to profit in a time of emergency. It's called free enterprise and is what america is all about. I am shocked and saddened some of you are intimidated by a child.

I hope he is the next self made billionaire and can buy your collections as you kick off and take it all to the crusher. If I'm around I hope he looks me up so I can be the one to push the start button.
I don't think intimidation has anything to do with it. This to me is about morals. The kid shows up, crys a river, and a member helps him out getting started with some literature because he "just HAS to have a model T". Now, he changes his mind and HAS to have a Model "A". He should have the decency to call the member and say "look, I've changed my mind", and offer his stuff back. I think this just stinks to high heaven, and has right from the start......
Old 06-03-2012, 07:45 AM   #8
yachtsmanbill

BINGO!! Sometimes I lack the eloquence to portray a cruddy situation with such a sweet flavor... Ive always called a spade a spade.
Actually, I think this kid has an alterior motive and is netting the results that he was after all along! He'll be wanting a beemer or a benz next and that will get him pretty much away from this continent LOL... ws

Last edited by yachtsmanbill; 06-03-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #9
yachtsmanbill

Hey Steve... read this with your coffee or save it for after church, or temple this morning... ws

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages...tml?1338725754
Old 06-03-2012, 07:55 AM   #10
Steve Wastler

Ok, I have finally found the offending posting on MTFCA'S site, and I see a pretty smart kid with the mind of a techie, not the mind of a gear head. That being said I will agree he may have presented himself in an unapealing way to some, but I can remember be young and full of piss and vinegar and thought I knew it all. He is now on the A site and hope he has learned from his experience on the T site, as I truly hope to see him hang in there. I find no issue with him, save for over enthusiasm in his cause wether the masses agree or disagree with his platform. Enjoy the rest of the day, I will not add more to this on your side of the forum.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #11
yachtsmanbill

Sorry about the A$$ chewing Steve... this has been going on for months over there, and when some one finally reamed me for speaking my piece I pulled my membership. It goes WAYYYYY beyond whats on top of this... ws
Old 06-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #12
Steve Wastler

Since I missed your last post while writing mine, I will make this my last post. I could care less your interpretation of me. But I do believe your constant persecution of this poor kid is no more than cyber bullying of a misunderstood youth, and hope he has really thick skin. I must now leave you to tend to my congregation......
Old 06-03-2012, 08:15 AM   #13
Steve Wastler

Damn I'm too slow at typing, I am not trying to cause any more drama, let go enjoy our hobbies on such a gorgeous day
Old 06-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #14
yachtsmanbill

Id normally let a sleeping dog lay, but this is almost too funny... Cyber Bullying is why I left the MTFCA... Thats what the kid had lowered himself to; and THAT was accusing all the no-nonsense guys of. CBing is a PC way of crying to mommy. My epidermis is plenty thick, then theres the subcutaneous layers adding to the protection.
This is all just too funny. Gonna hop in the POLLINATOR and run uptown for some breakfast at the church, then Ill get the flock outa here LOL... ws

Lifes good and will enjoy a spin in my Sunday vestments!
Old 06-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #15
Steve Wastler

Bill sent you a pm, you must be typing on a pc, I am pm my phone, much slower. I would like to take the Pollinator for a spin, looks like a fun car.....
Old 06-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #16
James Rogers

I told you all this was in the offings. Insolence and ignorance is rampant in today's youth. This one is a supreme example. Dick went out of his way to try and help Garrett and what does he get? A profiteering skank, using him and all of those who took his side. Lesson learned.
Old 06-04-2012, 12:49 PM   #17
ModelTFan01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rogers View Post
I told you all this was in the offings. Insolence and ignorance is rampant in today's youth. This one is a supreme example. Dick went out of his way to try and help Garrett and what does he get? A profiteering skank, using him and all of those who took his side. Lesson learned.
James, I don't need the magazines any more. I'd like for them to go to someone who would read them. Besides, I'm not a magazine reader. I wasn't using Dick one bit.

yachtsmanbill, why are you so against me? Yes, I was rude there because people were being rude to me. Have you ever heard of the saying "treat others the way you want to be treated?" I have pretty thin skin thus I get really mad (and go off) on people who treat me poorly. Also, just because I'm turning 13 (teenager, don't call me pre-teen) doesn't mean everyone can start hating me because I am the "Justin Briber stereotype." In fact, I hate Justin Bieber, or however you spell his name. Since I'm a teenager, don't stereotype me.

Considering that this is my last post on this topic, goodbye. I'm not wasting my time on this bullcrap when I could use it for prepping.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #18
Gwhaley

Garrett- what your last post should have read was "I don't need the magazines anymore, and I am returning them to Mr Lodge" because that, my son, would the RIGHT THING TO DO. This isn't about magazines, this is about respect and morals.

See the point we are all trying to make here?
Old 06-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #19
yachtsmanbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelTFan01 View Post
James, I don't need the magazines any more. I'd like for them to go to someone who would read them. Besides, I'm not a magazine reader. I wasn't using Dick one bit.

yachtsmanbill, why are you so against me? Yes, I was rude there because people were being rude to me. Have you ever heard of the saying "treat others the way you want to be treated?" I have pretty thin skin thus I get really mad (and go off) on people who treat me poorly. Also, just because I'm turning 13 (teenager, don't call me pre-teen) doesn't mean everyone can start hating me because I am the "Justin Briber stereotype." In fact, I hate Justin Bieber, or however you spell his name. Since I'm a teenager, don't stereotype me.

Considering that this is my last post on this topic, goodbye. I'm not wasting my time on this bullcrap when I could use it for prepping.
OK Tubby... lets be democratic about YOU and take a vote to see who likes you and who doesnt like you. Thatll prove three things
1) Who likes garret
2) Who doesnt like garret
3) Waste more bandwidth about who likes or doesnt like garret.

Start a garret fan club. Theres one little fat kid that can be the president and the whole membership. Try eating your computer... it looks like you need a snack. Cover it with a quart of macdonalds secret sauce. That will keep you busy for a while and provide you with the ruffage which will do a few things:
1) make you go potty better
2) make people like garret
3) let garret know who likes garret
4) let garet know who doesnt like garret
5) scrape the BS off that pre pubescent intestine and make garret like garret more than garret likes garret.

Gee... Im so swell I really like garret. Dont bully garret. I really like garret. Garret for president. Vote for garret. He's the man (garret that is). Garret know the score, but garret doesnt know the players, Garret knows the answers but garret doesnt know the question. Garret likes seeing garret in type so much that garret needs a garret picture hanging in garrets potty room above the garret throne. garret needs to go play with his barbie dolls for another 10 years, garret needs to go into the army, garret needs to man up, garret needs to leave the building.

garret still doesnt have a clue does he? Push garret push!! Go garret go!! Everyone who likes garret is inside. Garret needs to touch them. garret doesnt think theyre real. garret needs his mommy. Its 2:45 and mommy is still sleeping on the couch with her mouth wide open,. garrets daddy is sleeping on the tavern steps and garrets uncle Barney Fife cant arrest hime because garret will get mmad and garrets whole family wont like garret any more. Willy cant type garret anymore... his fingers hurt.

I like garret! ws
Old 06-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #20
vwgary

Miss your sense of humor across the hall Bill
Closed Thread