Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-03-2014, 02:06 AM   #1
Roadster62

Default the BEST Top Wood Kit for a 1931 Slant Window FORDOR

Who makes the BEST Top Wood kit for a 1931 SLANT WINDOW Fordor? Hershey is next week and I'd like to take one home with me, if someone has a kit there. Thanks. Bob
Old 10-03-2014, 03:47 AM   #2
jw hash

Default Re: the BEST Top Wood Kit for a 1931 Slant Window FORDOR

classic wood out of NC. most of the time you will find the header is a little oversize that is a good thing. use a belt sander to trim it down to fit inside your header cover.
jw hash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 10:31 AM   #3
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Bob, I am not sure if Classic will be there, ...and in the past when Steve was still going, all he did was bring pre-sold orders. If I were you, I would see if Don Snyder or Walt Bratton has it in stock and just get it from them. You might be able to get Don to bring it however I suspect you would find by the time you pay Pennsylvania sales tax, you could just have them ship it directly to your door cheaper. This is why many of us have quit "vending" at Hershey.

FYI, if we are a corporation in another state, if we sell items at Hershey then we must obtain a business license and collect sales tax on all sales made during the swap meet. If we are a corporation, we must go thru the "red tape" to conduct our business according to our charter in the state of PA and then file quarterly sales tax returns. For most businesses larger than a 'cottage industry' it just is not worth the hassle. I honestly would expect for Classic Wood to be in that category.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #4
Roadster62

THANKS! Looks like Classic is the one tobuy from. The Fordor is new to me and I'd rather ask about quality parts first than find out latter, that i should bought better parts from someone else. This is my car, no corners will be cut on quality parts, materials or who I farm things out to. By the way my Hershey spots are C4J41-42,last on the left of Main street in the Chocolate Field. If you need to leave anything for day storage while you roam around please feel welcome. Bob
Old 10-04-2014, 09:26 AM   #5
Doug in NJ

The kit sold by Bratton's worked out fine in my S/W. You will need to trim the header a bit, but that's no big deal. BTW don't kill yourself trying to drill new holes in the strips that run along the roof opening to match the existing holes in the metal- just drill through both wood strips and the metal at the same time.

Doug