Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-18-2013, 08:39 AM   #1
yachtsmanbill

Default Still below RADAR...

Under the RADAR
City: Two Rivers
State: Wi
Price: in ad

Always toying with new projects for the last 50 years. So Im probably gonna step up and start my next one (last one?) which means the T has to go. Had a blast building it.

Model T... all 12 volt all the time.

Jetzt, da der Staub gelegt hat, seine Zeit bei der Arbeit (on page 15)

So heres a brief description in 10,000 words or less. Let me know what you guys think...
Period correct underslung model T speedster 1926 (aug 1925) motor and trans all new, new coils, new mag, NEW Becker 12 volt alternator, starter, battery and lights (sealed beam to boot!) rear end gone through, front axle all new, 26-27 wire wheels with new tires plus a spare set (like new) with a DUPLEX spare tire carrier. Custom built bodt from phenolic panel board with a really nice fold down windshield with new soft ray tinted safety glass.
Very few miscellaneous odds and ends to finish plus an interior of your choice. Really dependable and she strolls along at 40 all day at 170 on the moto-meter (not included, sorry).
Feel free to email me for the whole story. Thousands of pics (!) and generally a dependable flivver! Doesn't leak oil either! [email protected] 630 388 8882

Price??? $100K of course (LOL) , but that's pretty darn negotiable, and if you have an air conditioned Buick GS 455 to trade that's even better! Seriously guys... we all know what this guys' worth so... Maybe 100K if Howard Hughes owned it LOL ... ws
Old 10-18-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
CharlieB

Default Re: Still below RADAR...

Yachts: you should have had it in the recent Hershey Auction. Looking at the sold prices on the T's there you might have come surprisingly close to the asking price. Good Luck anyway.
CharlieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 02:35 AM   #3
RKS.PA

Bill, I wish you all the best in selling your "Pollinator"! Selfishly, I hope this doesn't mean you're no longer going to post here. My primary Fordbarn focus is over on the Early V8 side, but I also have a '27 T streetrod, so some of the wisdom dispensed here applies to me. I always enjoy your posts and particularly your incredible sense of humor....along with your uncanny technical experience!

Regards....Dick.
RKS.PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
yachtsmanbill

Those are kind words Dick and I appreciate them... honestly! I am getting a double knee replacement in January and I am afraid the pedal pushing days are limited. I can barely drive it now. The motorcycle (1978 FLH for sale as well!) needs my wife to push me back into the shop as well. I can barely lift the shifter leg to hit the gears on that one. I am reaching out for the Buick with an automatic, and you can bet yer coils Ill still post here. Nothing is ever cast in stone with me!
Charlie... I wish I could've made Hershey, but that drive would've done me in. The knees are gawners! ws
Old 10-24-2013, 01:09 PM   #5
yachtsmanbill

Just had the ol' bomber out for its last 2013 stroll around town... damn heater quit working! Got her backed in and drained the radiator water and gas out of the carb and she's resting easily right now. I had a pal that used to come on here, and the place across the hall, tell me I should shoot for a 6K asking price. Sound about right? She's a good old piece that needs very little to be 100% ws
Old 10-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #6
J Franklin

You have at least 6K in new & rebuilt parts. you need to get a bit more for it in my opinion.
J Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #7
RKS.PA

Bill, I've got a number of friends who've had both knees replaced. They've said they were glad they had both done at the same time, since the rehab is the same. Maybe they were lucky...clean living, etc....but I doubt it. They're back doing all the things they did before the knees wore out. Hope that's your story too!

I'm with J. Franklin. I don't know the anything about the value of your kind of T, but intuitively, and based on the pictures and videos you've posted, seems like $6K is light. How does it go? Value is determined between a willing buyer and a willing seller?

Regards....Dick.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #8
yachtsmanbill

Youd be surprised living in a small town how many people Ive met that have had both done at the same time as well. ALL from the same doctor who is one of a few in the state that does a total replacement. In his words, he's a "Two pony show". He only does knees and hips and everyone swears by him. Otherwise the knees have been scoped 3 times each and theres just nothing left. Im probably an inch shorter from wear LOL. I never thought Id live to see the day that I need a little Rascal, but a trip to the store necessitates that. The walk from the car in wipes me out and my activity level has NEVER been this low.
So to sum it up, I am waiting for my new Blue Cross Blue Shield policy to begin Jan.1st. The policy I have now pays 80% with a 5K deductible which is unacceptable. BCBS pays 100% and a $200 deductible and its $10 a month more than the current policy. Just wait to see what SIMEONcare is about. Everyday I thank my stars that no matter how hungover I was or anything else, I always went to work and accrued 30 years with a "satisfactory" pension. I pity the next generation. Now I feel like the old man ranting, but theres some bad changes coming with the new wind. >rant over<
After being around flivvers my whole life, I feel a real connection; Henry Ford has been my mentor for several decades. Ill look forward to continuing to enjoy this place, even if it is with a little bit of my own idiotic rhetoric thrown in for a chuckle. The next project is more than likely gonna be something more conventional that we can take a road trip with and the wife can drive. My final resting box is gonna be a 6 foot long snap-on roll around. Always liked them! Thanks guys. I love ya'll! ws
Old 10-24-2013, 11:54 PM   #9
Bada$$

No Captain Will. Please don't go. What do Chewy, Bullit The Wonder Dog and Ppat think of you going. I still think you should only ask $1000.000 For that beauty. Notice that's a period not a comma. But at least I put another zero on it like you told me too. Shhhhhhhh!!! Email me!
Bada$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:42 AM   #10
yachtsmanbill

Well, I guess by now most of you realize our family gene pool is pretty shallow. BA's a cousin who married my sisters' steps sisters, sister. This is from my wedding album when he's just about to kiss the bride... I never looked back. He now works at the Kodiak ' bacca plant cutting up wintergreen blend. Poor fella; but you should see him rewind those magneto plate coils, like with his one good eye closed!

This is Bullit the wonder dog and Chewbacca... BA hasn't met my little BONER yet! LOL ws

And of course, my little BONER.. the leader of the pack

Old 10-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #11
Bada$$

I imagine by now they realize I'm related to the Bullit The Wonder Dog. It's a genetic thing. That's what happens when your family tree is a wreath. Selling the Pollinator and buying a Puick is going to be a bad idea. Once those knees are healed and you start jogging again you'll miss that little yellow beauty. Keep in touch. Maybe I'll be able to deal with you.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:54 AM   #12
trulyvintage

Thumbs up Re: Still below RADAR...

Bill,

Good to finally talk with you on the phone ...

Sorry Jimmy was not interested ....

I am dropping off in Green Bay Monday morning
and then picking up in the area to head next
to Austin, TX.

I will see how close I am to you - hopefully I
will be able to stop and say hello .....

Again - a big thank you for all your posts here
on the Barn - I enjoy the information and get
a few laughs to boot .....

Jim
trulyvintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #13
yachtsmanbill

Thanks Jim! You know half the fun of a hobby with fellow enthusiasts is being able to share some adult humor too. The dry balls across the hall are always afraid their kids are gonna read a DRY model T forum after church Thursday night and be offended by some adults' humor... tuff tooties.
So Mike, are you saying Bullit was doing Lacy(?) and you caught the prize? We still luv ya man... its OK... So it was too windy to move the 40 foot dock to the haul out ramp today. The pic is Scott who walked out 1/2 mile on the jetty into the lake, and the other one is the POLLINATORs' replacement. Now I just have to win the auction! ws

Old 10-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #14
Dick Webber

Hey Bill--

I can only speak for myself cause everyone's different. But--I had both knees done 7 years ago in January. I, too had given up a lot of things (at age 68) because of the pain. But the new knees gave me a whole new life. I can do pretty much anything I want, and never a problem or pain. I drive T, A, 49 Mercury, 39 Deluxe and a 49 F-1 all without difficulty or pain. The first 3 weeks are miserable, but I was driving (5 speed S-10)n at 4 weeks and 100% in 3 months. I would recommend doing both at the same time if your health allows it as it is half the pain, downtime and expense. Take all the rehab therapy you can get. I just got back from walking all day Friday and Saturday at Hershey which was great (except for the rain on Friday and the fact that my feet hurt like hell).

I'd be happy to talk about it if you wish to call send me a PM.

Good luck. It worked great for me.

Dick
Dick Webber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #15
yachtsmanbill

Thanks for the positive input Dick... from an untreated torn ACL in high school to numerous racing crashes and wipe outs at the power plant, I cant imagine life without knee and below pain. Right now, if I pace myself, I may make 1000 feet per day, then the soles on my shoes start smoking from shuffling my feet, and then I am out of commission. Stand for 15 minutes and pain, sit for 15 and more pain, bed for 3-4 hours and wake up almost crying, only to stand up and have to shake it off before hitting the little boys room.
I am gonna do both at the same time for your above mentioned reasoning, plus I am maintaining a really positive attitude that this is maybe not a cure all, but will surely increase the quality of life that I am missing now. Even the sawbones couldn't guarantee 100% pain free but he said to expect 80-90% which will be a Godsend!
Owing to my sick sense of humor, I am gonna bring him a brand new sawzall blade mounted to a piece of wood for his office. He actually has a sense of humor as well! Now, as long as that bonehead in D.C. doesn't screw this thing up... ws
Old 10-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #16
yachtsmanbill

Well now I did it! I won he stoopid auction so some of the toys gotta go. Its good to be back in the 70s! ws
Old 10-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #17
Derek Kiefer

Lets see some more pics of that Buick!

The '70 GSX is as cool as any Buick ever got... '87 GNX is a close second.
Derek Kiefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #18
yachtsmanbill

Thats a 10-4 Derek... I do hafta confess before the judges hit me with a perjury charge tho... Its a 1972 that was an original GS 455 that had the GSX clone stuff added over 20 years ago with all GM parts... The deal came with a ton of spares from a 72 donor skylark like doors and fenders and a bunch of etc's. PLUS a spare pretty fresh '72 455 motor that's complete minus a carb and starter. Anyway, the ebay ad is the easiest way to check out a bunch of pics. It aint perfect but a great project, and it wasn't 40 grand! The Cragars and T/As are on it with 5 spare rallye wheels PLUS they guy is gonna deliver it via trailer over 150 miles for a buck a mile. Ill buy lunch... the guy keeps swearing that I wont be disappointed! ws

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1972-Buick-S...p2047675.l2557
Old 10-28-2013, 09:22 PM   #19
RKS.PA

Bill, I'd have to say that Buick will do more for your rehab than just about anything.....great incentive to get up and out in the garage, even if only to sit in that beauty!!! I do that a lot in my "T" for "planning" purposes. Of course, I remember pictures of your thermometer last winter out there....burr.

Dick.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:41 AM   #20
yachtsmanbill

Always playing make believe! Ive got a Florida transplant pal up here and when we work in the heated shop at minus 30, I refer to it as Winterhaven (as in FLA) and he gets a kick outa that! ws