Go Back   The Ford Barn > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-07-2010, 12:10 AM   #1
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default I don't see modified section is that now HAMB

Ryan, How much modified information will be tolerated here?
Mike V. Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:22 AM   #2
Ryan
Administrator

Default Re: I don't see modified section is that now HAMB

What was "tolerated" on the old ford barn in the model t, a, early v8, late v8 sections will be tolerated here.

The modified section wasn't used much on the old Ford Barn and with the HAMB, became redundant.
Ryan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:09 AM   #3
Mike V. Florida

You are aware of the battles that took place on what was "acceptable" as far as mods go on the A forum, aren't you?
Old 05-07-2010, 07:48 AM   #4
Ryan
Administrator

We won't have battles like that on the Ford Barn from now on.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:07 AM   #5
Model A Lady

The battles were with the users and their low tolerance of anything non-traditional. I hope you have a good moderator that can spend some time reading anything & everything.
Model A Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:09 AM   #6
Ryan
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model A Lady View Post
The battles were with the users and their low tolerance of anything non-traditional. I hope you have a good moderator that can spend some time reading anything & everything.
Absolutely. But even better, users can now report posts.

I realize there are differences of opinions and those are fine... but as soon as those turn into drama that distracts from the site, we get rid of it.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:42 AM   #7
MikeK

Default Avoiding personality and allegiance battles

To avoid "battles" it might be nice of there was a way for some of us to show a color bar graph at the head of our posts/ replies showing our interests, tolerances, and dislikes.

For example:

START OF NEW POST or REPLY

If my line looks like the above and you suggest I dump the 4 banger for a SBC, to me, them's fightn words. If I give you flak about replacing mechanical brakes with juice, you can take it with a grain of salt or ignore it, as my line goes from green to yellow early in the Mech Updates area.
MikeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #8
Ryan
Administrator

HAHAHAHA... Awesome.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #9
theBoB

Ryan - When something sells in the classifieds, will someone please remove the ad? Or will there be a way to delete our own ad if we sell something? I may be missing something but if it's like the HAMB there are six year old ads that show up in a search. Thanks. theBoB
theBoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:50 PM   #10
Pothole Jim

theBob, Look at your original post, at the bottom there is a window to EDIT. select the edit box and you will be able to modify any portion of your post including the title. You will also be able to delete any content or the whole post.

enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBoB View Post
Ryan - When something sells in the classifieds, will someone please remove the ad? Or will there be a way to delete our own ad if we sell something? I may be missing something but if it's like the HAMB there are six year old ads that show up in a search. Thanks. theBoB
Pothole Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:10 AM   #11
adam401

Is talking about vintage 4 banger speed equipment cool over here or are we strictly stock.
adam401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:46 PM   #12
Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam401 View Post
Is talking about vintage 4 banger speed equipment cool over here or are we strictly stock.

Based on what has been said by Ryan the "leaning" of this board is stock. I for one like to read about the vintage stuff, not how to stuff a pinto engine in an A.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:35 AM   #13
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida View Post
Based on what has been said by Ryan the "leaning" of this board is stock. I for one like to read about the vintage stuff, not how to stuff a pinto engine in an A.
I agree, ....and I too would like to see this particular forum stay more true to the preservation & restoration side of the Model A mainly due to the availability of H.A.M.B. forum for dialogue of the more modified Model A. Naturally I own vehicles that fit both genres and will frequent both sites however having a venue catering to & promoting the 'stock' Model A would be of great interest to me.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:59 AM   #14
Ryan
Administrator

Agreed. We will stay focused on restoration over here. Hot rods and customs are for the hamb.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:09 AM   #15
Cob
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBoB View Post
If something gets sold - post that it is sold and then hit the report button and I will close it for you.
The reason it is done that way is because if someone makes a deal and something goes wrong, a moderator can go back and see if something is a miss. BUT please know that buying and selling is at your own risk.
If someone doesn't pay or ship something, we can ban them if it looks like it is a deliberate thief.

But please know we can't get in between deals.

Thanks,
Cob
Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:43 PM   #16
JeffB2

Guys,if you had several buddies on the old Fordbarn that have interests in a particular area the best way to keep it from being buried in the main board is to click on Community up top,click on social groups and form your own social group for like minded members.This works fantastic! I moderate the 1952-56 Ford social group on the HAMB,this week we celebrate our one year anniversary with over 300+ members worldwide.So send out some pm's to your old friends and start a group.There are several new groups already formed,go check them out!

Last edited by JeffB2; 05-09-2010 at 01:50 PM.
JeffB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:25 PM   #17
skip
Banned

It would be nice if, say one is on the Model 'A' site then clicks on the 'New Posts' on the banner at the top-O-page, only the new post for the model 'A' come up and not all the new posts that may encompass the 'T' side, 'Hot rod' side, etc.

That would be sweet. Then a guy could check for new post only in 'his' field of interests.

Nice doll Shelly. He he hehehehehe. You slay me.

skip.
skip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:54 PM   #18
JeffB2

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip View Post
It would be nice if, say one is on the Model 'A' site then clicks on the 'New Posts' on the banner at the top-O-page, only the new post for the model 'A' come up and not all the new posts that may encompass the 'T' side, 'Hot rod' side, etc.

That would be sweet. Then a guy could check for new post only in 'his' field of interests.

Nice doll Shelly. He he hehehehehe. You slay me.

skip.
Skip,read my post above and your issue is solved,check out the groups already formed.Just click on Community up top then click on social groups
JeffB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:02 AM   #19
s1b

So, does this meen if you have a "speedster" you now have to go to the HAMB? After all, speedsters are just some of the earliest forms of hot rodding. Just wondering. I like early speed stuff from from the begining to WWII.I also like stock.
s1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:45 PM   #20
Abe Lugo

Ryan,
I noticed in the classifieds a lot ratrod, hotrod, "old skool" stuff is showing up. Kind of redundant to have double posts in the for sale section on here and the hamb. I was thinking this was mostly original Ford parts only.
Abe Lugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 02:56 PM   #21
Abe Lugo

It also looks like some HAMBERs are coming presenting their post about building their hotrod, even though it's a Ford, if it were a still a banger with some fender missing that seems to be a modified Ford, but coming in and showing your Hot Rod project doesn't seem right on this forum. Then pushing HAMB ideas of modifying to the people on here that have been just restoring or collecting original Ford car info doesn't seem cool. Hopefully you'll sort this sort of thing would also.
Abe Lugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:18 AM   #22
Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Lugo View Post
It also looks like some HAMBERs are coming presenting their post about building their hotrod, even though it's a Ford, if it were a still a banger with some fender missing that seems to be a modified Ford, but coming in and showing your Hot Rod project doesn't seem right on this forum. Then pushing HAMB ideas of modifying to the people on here that have been just restoring or collecting original Ford car info doesn't seem cool. Hopefully you'll sort this sort of thing would also.
I don't think there is a simple answer except for a "Ford HAMB" site where modifications and rodding of Fords is the speciality like the the old Rodder section on the old Ford Barn. Your right, there is way more modification stuff on the this version then there was on the old.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:02 PM   #23
Tom Wesenberg

I installed shims then tightened the bolts and checked. I just happened to take the picture when the bolts were loose.

In the second picture I checked the runout and I also checked the flywheel face. The picture shows me checking the runout, which can ONLY be correct by correctly mounting and grinding the crankshaft. Remember the crankshaft needs to be centered off the flywheel mounting, then the mains can be ground and be perfectly centered with the flywheel mount. There was nothing I could do if this second picture showed the flywheel mount to be off center, except to get another crankshaft and have it correctly ground, or regrind this one if there was enough main journal left. This was an old used "as is" engine I installed for temporary use, and I did the flywheel check for peace of mind.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote