Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
wrndln

Default Rearview mirror

I just had several rearview mirrors resilvered at a place in St Paul. I was not very happy with the results. The mirrors are questionable to use on a nice car. Part of the problem were some scratches on the mirrors I didn't see earlier and the other part of the problem was there was some staining on the mirrors. One mirror has the pattern of the mirror bracket under the silver - looks bad and not usable. I told the guy not to resilver the mirrors if there were problems after removing the silver, but he did it anyway and charged me. My question is: does anyone know where you can purchase 7/32" thick 2 1/2"x 4 1/2" mirrors with partially beveled edges that are duplicates of the originals? I called Bratton's today to ask about their mirrors and they have 1/4" thick the mirrors and they have bevels on both the front and back - not like originals. Any help would be appreciated.
Rusty Nelson
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
Tom Wesenberg

Default Re: Rearview mirror

There's a guy in St Paul that does show quality replating on mirrors. He did a clinic at our club about 5 years ago and at that time the cost was $27 for each mirror. I don't know his name, nor have his contact information, but Vince S. might know.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
wrndln

Default Re: Rearview mirror

That is what it cost to have the mirrors resilvered by the fellow in St Paul. I suspect it is the same fellow. Definitely not show quality!
Rusty Nelson
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote