Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-13-2018, 07:35 PM   #1
quickchange

Default Bakersfield swap meet

We had a great time this morning there, Not as many folk or sites as expected, was all over by 11am as far as we where concerned, Caught up with Jay, Rick, Stev, plus a number of others, to see them was worth the trip, Did I mention also scored a number of bargains, like nice windshield for $30 nice 16" Kelsey $10 ,some parts prices where in dream land but over all most reasonably priced, great selection of T parts, Even some NOS A engine parts A Sammy,?? now in Vegas for theirs in the morning, lots of our Quickchange flyers & cards where taken , Could have sold several had we had them there, Looks like will be freighting some over, Derek & Paul aka the southern pickers ( with less money )
quickchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 12:42 AM   #2
hardtimes

Smile Re: Bakersfield swap meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickchange View Post
We had a great time this morning there, Not as many folk or sites as expected, was all over by 11am as far as we where concerned, Caught up with Jay, Rick, Stev, plus a number of others, to see them was worth the trip, Did I mention also scored a number of bargains, like nice windshield for $30 nice 16" Kelsey $10 ,some parts prices where in dream land but over all most reasonably priced, great selection of T parts, Even some NOS A engine parts A Sammy,?? now in Vegas for theirs in the morning, lots of our Quickchange flyers & cards where taken , Could have sold several had we had them there, Looks like will be freighting some over, Derek & Paul aka the southern pickers ( with less money )

Nice seeing/visiting with YOU guys too Derek !
You know darn well , one reason, WHY you left with 'less money' !
No QC in hand and the guy with the $ walked, eh !

I did good myself with some slobbered on stuff ! Saw a LOT of old accomplices and lots of bs was listened to. Saw some new/future stuff for power/speed banger guys, being developed ! What's with all the T speed equipment that was there for sale ?
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:16 AM   #3
BILL WILLIAMSON

Default Re: Bakersfield swap meet

"T"s NEED a lot of SPEED EQUIPMENT!!!----Chief sed, "Ts don't go very fast, have HORRIBLE STEERING & be sure to allow yourself an extra 1/2 HOUR, to get the Old Trap, started"!!!------"Next thing is to be able to STOP IT"--(WHOA!)
Bill Missedthetera
(In case you think I'm KRAZY, I'm the most SANE person I ever TALK TO!)
Old 04-14-2018, 11:49 AM   #4
hardtimes

Default Re: Bakersfield swap meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL WILLIAMSON View Post
"T"s NEED a lot of SPEED EQUIPMENT!!!----Chief sed, "Ts don't go very fast, have HORRIBLE STEERING & be sure to allow yourself an extra 1/2 HOUR, to get the Old Trap, started"!!!------"Next thing is to be able to STOP IT"--(WHOA!)
Bill Missedthetera
(In case you think I'm KRAZY, I'm the most SANE person I ever TALK TO!)
Hey Bill,
There were a lot of cars (Ts and As), and a good number of great running driving examples from very early Ts. They were driving around meet and when one saw such go by, I had to smile and stop shopping to watch till out of sight. GREAT sound as original. As you suggest , not very safe looking...to be riding ON TOP of some that looked like the front wheels were...each trying to go their own way ! I'd like to have the $ to bring home the STUTZ coupe !!
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote