Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2015, 10:23 PM   #11
farmboy

Default Re: Saving a family treasure...(1936 1and1/2 ton)

Been sanding and blasting some when I get the chance. I went to a different abrasive as it's working better on the frame, but I had to use a bigger tip, so my compressor just isn't big enough to run it long. I got a neighboring farmer that has one of those industrial size portable compressors i'm going to borrow after the the weather breaks, it's suppose to rain for 3 days straight here, and I've got some end of year farm stuff to tend to next week, but once I get this compressor, I think I can finish it in a day if I don't have to stop much.

I'm just thinking ahead, but it i'm going to paint the frame and cab before I finish the fenders and grill, i'm still not certain i'll use the grill yet, depends on if I find another, if I don't, then I can make it work with some TLC... I've been talking to my Dad about colors, were either going back blue like was brushed on there by Pop back in the day, or a Maroon and black that just looks awesome IMO. Hows a good way to match the original paint colors? I went to my local restoration shop, and they didn't have codes for that year, but said they could proably find something or match it to a picture.. I'm a ways from that, but I plan on having it ready to primer before to long, at least the cab and frame.

Also, did the cab and dash usually have the same color as the exterior?
Thanks Bret..
farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote