Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-20-2015, 03:02 PM   #1
bdave_mcc

Default 28 Roadster Quarter Panel Profile massaging

Im back again, been going over the quarter panels on my roadster. Trying to get the body profile correct. Both sides of the roadster had significant damage at some point in life. So I don't have a really good side to get a template from. The quarters were beat up then beat up again when someone "worked" the dents out. There is a noticeable outward bulge in the quarter panels, one side the entire front portion has been worked over the other side starts about half way between the door and rear fender. All the model A's ive seen the quarter panels are fairly flat with not too much curve to them. Does anyone have any measurements or some sort of guidelines to go by as far as getting deformed panels back to factory shape? or something acceptable? If any of you guys know someone in the central Alabama area that wouldn't mind me making a couple templates off of their car, please let me know.

So far it looks as though this car was in a rear end collision, used as target practice at some point, flipped upside down, who knows, its pretty much free of rust and rot, but man this things warped up. There was pretty much at least a quarter inch of bondo ALL over this car...
bdave_mcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 04:02 PM   #2
ericr

Default Re: 28 Roadster Quarter Panel Profile massaging

would there be any local Model A clubs in your vicinity?
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote